Chapter 24

It was eight on a Wednesday night and it was freezing. 

Dawn had taken out the retractable hood from her car and had left it back in Sinnoh so she was stuck in the cold in a broken down car.

"Ugh! I don't have money for this!" Dawn shouted and proceeded to kick her car door which led to minutes of cursing.

After she had calmed down, Dawn noticed flickers of lights in the distance. After agonizing over the thought of leaving her car out in the open, she finally threw out Piplup and it helped her push her car into the woods with it's surprising strength. 

She and Piplup walked towards the light and found it to be the lights of the Cerulean City gym. She began running, in hopes that some cute boy was there and she could flirt with him to get a free repair for her car. 

Dawn rang the doorbell, patted down her fly away hair, and flashed her cutest smile as the door opened. "Hi, my car just broke down over there and I ju-"

"Dawn?" 

Dawn stopped and watched as the person pulled down their hood. Dawn screamed when she recognized the redhead. 

"Misty?!"    

"Um, hey? Did you need help with your car? I'm a pretty good mechanic because my sisters' car breaks down all the time," Misty said.

Dawn folded her arms and glared at her, "No, I don't need your help. I demand your cutest brother to help me." 

"Uh, well, I only have-"

"Misty! Who was at the door?" Three older girls came and crowded around Misty.

"Oh, Dawn, these are my sisters. Daisy, Violet, and Lily," Somehow, their teeth shined brighter when introduced.

"Oh, sorry, little girl. The gym is closed. If you want a battle, you could come back next year. Because, you know, the dumb pokemon league rule," Violet babbled.

"Excuse you, no. I'm Dawn Berlitz, one of the top coordinators in the world. Your tiny gym could concern me less."

"Hey! You snot-nosed brat!" Dawn jumped back as Misty tried to contain all three girls from lunging at her.

"Wait! Arceus! Calm down! She's a friend and she was just joking. Right, Dawn?" Misty stared at Dawn and she reluctantly nodded.

The girls backed off after a few seconds and simultaneously flipped their gorgeous hair that Dawn was low-key jealous of.

"Misty, we love you, baby sis, but you seriously need better friends," Daisy said and then they sashayed back inside. 

"Ok...so I'll grab my tools and help you with your car?"

"You know I absolutely hate you, right?" Dawn scoffed as she followed Misty inside.

"Yea...can we talk about that?" Misty brought her to her room.

"Not that there's anything to talk about," Dawn declared, sitting on Misty's terribly pink bed while Misty rummaged in her closet.

Her eye caught onto a picture by Misty's bedside and she picked it up. Her breath stopped as she recognized a twelve year old Ash alongside Misty, Brock, and a much chubbier Pikachu. She remembered bits of Ash talking about his first best friend but she didn't really pay attention due to the fact that she didn't want to listen to him ramble on for hours about another girl.

Now that she really thought about it, Ash was describing Misty. He was always talking about her and whenever something happened that reminded of her in the tiniest way, he would go on about her for hours. It really annoyed her and made her more frustrated when Brock and Pikachu joined in. She didn't see what was so amazing about Misty.

"Found it!"

Dawn looked up to see Misty in a pile of clothes as she held up a red toolbox. Dawn rolled her eyes. She still didn't see what was so great.

"Ok, let's go! Where's your car?"

Dawn ignored her question as  they made their way downstairs and to her car. 

"So why are you here and not at the dorms?" 

"Oh...it's...something personal..." Misty mumbled. Dawn didn't care enough to pry.

"There's my car. Do your thing."

"Ok... just to be sure, you're not going to try and murder me or anything, right?"

"Unfortunately. Unlike you, I actually have somewhere to be."

Misty looked up from repairing the hood of the car and stared at her, "You know, I wasn't going to say anything, but Ash told me you were one of his favorite people to travel with. I'm guessing that you were pretty cool so what happened? Or are you just showing your true side or whatever?"

"No, I'm super chill. I just don't like losers."

"But aren't I the one that's dating Ash?" Misty smirked.

Dawn grumbled, "I'm taking a walk!"

"Don't get lost, loser!" Misty laughed.

This was a totally different chapter and scene and Misty and Dawn weren't even supposed to be in this scene but I couldn't think of how to continue the other one so here ya go!