Chapter 18

May heard Drew leave the room. When she was sure he had left the boy's dorm halfway, she untangled herself from her burrito blanket.

"Oh my hOLY MAGIKARP! Drew likes me?!"

May tossed her pokeball and her beloved Blaziken came out.

"Blaze!" He cried out and then sat on the floor.

"Blazi! Did you hear him? That was so sweet of him!"

May stopped and then squished her cheeks, "Oh my Karp, he loves me!"

She grabbed Blaziken and tried to get him to dance around with her but he wasn't having any of it. It was his meditating time.

May stopped mid-dance, "Wait... what am I doing? I like Ash....oh my Mew..."

May turned to her best friend and fell in his lap, "Oh, Blazi, what am I gonna do? I'm such a wishy-washy bitchhhhh..."

Blaziken flicked her cheek lightly, "Blaze."

"Sorry, sorry," She waved his hand away. "But seriously, Blaze, what am I gonna do?"

She jumped up and brushed herself off.

"I should probably go to my own room. Who's he rooming with anyways?"

May went to the door and peeked out. She spotted the brass plate on the door.

"Hmm...oh, he's rooming with Brock? Oh, and....Harley?!"

May recalled her Blaziken and quickly ran out of the room.

Unfortunately...

"May, my little gingerbread cookie! How are you!"

Harley blocked her path to the doorway and May fell back on Drew's bed.

"Oh...hi, Harley...look I really need to get going and-"

"Oh, please. Let's talk! I haven't seen you in forever! At least not since I saw you and your boy toys a few years ago in Hoenn! How old are you now? Twelve? Aw, as cute and lame as always!"

Harley laughed like he was the funniest thing since Chatots and May groaned.

"Actually, I'm sixteen and we saw each other two years ago when you lost to Solidad in the Viridian competition in Kanto." May smirked.

Harley wailed and covered his ears, "Shut up!"

"Ok, bye-bye now!" May waved her fingers.

Harley grabbed her and pulled her back, "You're so funny if you think you're leaving so quickly! Let's have some boy talk!"

"I'm a girl..." May grumbled but sat down.

"So, May...how're you and Drew?" Harley smirked, laying on his stomach on  his bed.

May's face bloomed a light pink and she started to get up again, "I think I should go-"

"Oh, come on, cookie! He likes you, you like him, everyone in this damn school knows you like each other. Puh-lease don't tell me you're still not together?" 

"Wait, what? The whole school knew he liked me?"

Harley groaned and let his head fall, "This is why I hate talking to you."

He jumped out of his bed and stabbed his finger at her chest, "He's loved you since day one! What do you think all those stupid flowers were for?! Don't tell me you believed that lie about giving them for Beautifly?!"

May didn't say anything and Harley screeched.

"Are you for real?! It's been like four years! How has he not given up on you yet!"

"W-Why hasn't he said anything yet?" May asked, leaving out the tiny confession from Drew that she probably wasn't supposed to hear. 

"Have you talked to yourself lately?! It's like talking to a Snorlax. Even looks like one," Harley murmured the last part.

"Hey! Shut up!"

May stopped to think. 

Drew's nice. I mean, compared to the other jerks here, he's kinda cool. And he doesn't think coordination is just a girl's sport. He never treats me anything less than someone worth battling with.

Also not only does he buy me snacks, he's a great cook....

But Ash...he's super sweet and he gets me...there are other great things about him...

May rolled her head around in circles.

She hated how easily she was falling for Drew.