Chapter 12

The guys had left an hour ago and Ash laid flat on his bed as he pondered. 

Serena loved him.

But so did Misty.

Or at least that's what Gary had said.

Ash always thought Serena was kinda cute. Even so, he'd always love Misty.

He couldn't just give up his six years crush on Misty.

But... what if Misty didn't like him back?

Ash sat up on his bed and stared at his desk across from his bed. It didn't have much, just discarded homework and laundry.

Misty was a great person. At least to Ash.

She was kind to Pokemon and she was caring to others. But she wasn't some ditsy girl. She was smart and wasn't afraid to fight. She had dreams and ambitions. 

But then again...so did Serena.

Ash groaned and fell back. 

Sure, one girl had fallen for and confessed to him and happened to have traveled with him for a year. That didn't the other girls were the same...right?

He rolled back and forth on his bed, twisting up the blankets and causing Pikachu to leap over to Clemont's bed.

"Ash? You 'kay?" Ash heard Gary call from his bed next to him.

"No..." He grumbled.

"This about that Serena girl?" 

"Maybe..."

"Oh, come on, Ash! One girl tells you she loves you and you wanna give up Misty?!"

"I know, I know..."

Ash looked over and saw Gary get up and he flopped down across Ash's legs. 

"Hey, Ash?"

"What."

"I love you."

"What the hell?!" 

Ash sputtered and pushed Gary off his bed. Gary took one look at Ash's red face and laughed.

"Ashy boy, seriously? You know I'm all for the ladies."

"Shut up."

Ash pouted and stared down at his bed. He wasn't thinking of Gary like that. No way. 

"I think I'm just confused. I'm going out for a walk."

"It's almost seven?"

"I'll be fine. See you later."

Ash left his room quietly. Not that he needed to. Most of the guys were out partying.

He hadn't noticed it because the blinds and curtains were closed in his room but it was dark. Not too dark that he couldn't see but the moon was out and the hall lights had come on.

As he walked to the elevator, he thought about Gary, Serena, and Misty. He definitely didn't think of Gary that way. 

Gary was a total douche and a womanizer. Also, Ash wasn't gay.

So it came down to Serena and Misty. 

Ash pressed the down button and waited for the elevator to come up.

Wait, what if the other girls also like me?

Ash groaned and rolled his head at the thought. The guys would be coming for his ass if they did. He knew about Drew's crush on May and Paul's obvious attraction to Dawn. He wasn't oblivious.

May and Dawn. They were kinda hot, even Ash could admit that. Curvy and tall. Gorgeous pairs of eyes. Could be Gardevoir's Secret models.

Ash slapped his head.

You love Misty, you love Misty, you love Misty

"You love Misty." He said while slapping his cheeks lightly. 

"What...?"

Ash opened his eyes and immediately blushed. Misty was in the elevator and guessing from her red face, she had just heard him.

"M-Misty!"

Misty stared down and twiddled with her fingers, "Hey, Ash..."

"I was just...um..." Ash suddenly found the doorknobs of the rooms to be very interesting.

The elevator dinged and the doors started to close.

"Ah, wait," Ash caught the closing doors and looked up at her. "Would you...like to take a walk with me?"

"A walk? Sure."

Ash got in and stood next to her as the doors closed. 

They seemed to look everywhere but each other. Ash glanced over and really looked at her. He noticed she had a few cuts on her arms and face and her right eye was slightly bruised.

"Whoa, Mist! What happened?!" He exclaimed as he grabbed her arm. He turned her towards him and examined her wounds. 

Her nose also seemed to be a bit red, it had probably been bleeding. Her hair had some uneven spots that didn't look like they had been cut out. There were a few band-aids on her arm and one under her good eye.

"Oh, these? Uh, you know me. Had to stand up to someone." She smiled.

"Who was it?" He asked, his face close to hers.

He saw her face was a deeper shade of red but that didn't concern him at the moment. Right now, he had to get her medical care. 

"Ok, forget the walk, you need to get patched up." The doors opened to the main hallways and he led her in the direction of the Pokemon center where Nurse Joy was.

Misty wriggled his hand off and stopped. "Oh, no, no! Don't worry! Serena helped fix me up!"

"Serena?" Ash frowned. "She didn't..."

Misty waved her hands around. "No, no! Serena didn't do this, don't worry!"

Ash took her hands gently and traced one of the cuts on her hand. "Are you sure you don't wanna see Nurse Joy?"

"Yea, it's fine, Ash. Thanks..."

The pair fell silent and just watched as Ash continued to trace her wounds. He made sure to be careful and not to open any of them. Honestly, Misty thought his hands were warm and soft and they felt nice on her skin.

"I love you."

They both stared up at each other in surprise.

"What did you say?"

They both blinked and then laughed. They knew they were friends but synchronized talking? 

After a few minutes, it got silent again. Slowly, they looked up and smiled.

Ash bit his lip and then leaned in. 

Misty tasted like salt water and metal. It may have been from the leftover blood but Ash thought it was interesting and cute in it's own way. She also tasted like taffy which happened to be Ash's favorite candy.

They pulled away and noticed they had come closer; Ash was holding her waist close to him and Misty had her arms wrapped around his neck. 

It was a bit cliche but they didn't care.

Yayay! Pokeshipping!Also sorry this was supposed to be out earlier but I lost track of time.