Chapter 3

"Is that Ash? Oh, no it's not. Ooh, what about that one?" May Maple jumped on her tiptoes trying to find her old traveling partner.
"May, calm down. Classes start in a few minutes. We got to get to homeroom." Drew sighed.
"Aw, but I wanted to say hi." May pouted.
"You'll probably see him sometime. Come on." Drew said, dragging her inside.

"Now, you know where your homeroom is?" Drew asked.
"I know where it is. I'll see you first period, ok!" She waved and ran off towards the girls dorms where the girls were gathering for homeroom.

You've gotten soft, Drew. Traveling with this airhead has made you soft.

As Drew entered the boy's lobby where they'd be having their first and last homeroom class, he sighed as he looked around at the rowdy teenage boys that were upset at having to stop their journeys.

He watched Hoenn's pokemon champion and principal of PH step onto a pedestal to address the boys.

"Ok, settle your testosterone. Now, hello! Welcome to Pokemon High! As you already heard, I'm Steven Stone! You will be released for your first period in five minutes but before that, we need to set some ground rules."

A banner rolled down with the words in bold print.

1) Any violence on or off campus grounds will not be tolerated and will result in any punishment deemed worthy or suspension of Pokemon license.
2) Bets made on a Pokemon Battle must be approved by an referee
3) Students may leave campus but must be back by 10:00 p.m. which is the curfew
4) Any violence to your own Pokemon or others' Pokemon will result in a direct suspension of Pokemon license and immediate removal of badges, ribbons, keys, etc.
5) Any inappropriate behaviors will also result in license suspension
6) Respect your teachers and fellow trainers

Most of the boys paid little to no attention to the banner and continued talking.

Mr. Stone sighed and continued to speak. "If you violate any of these rules, remember that your trainers license will be revoked."

That got their attention as they quickly scanned the rules.

The bell rang and hundreds of boys got up to leave.

"Remember! Your time here shows your progress as a Pokemon Trainer!" Steven said as throngs of boys raced out the small double doors.

Since he was a coordinator, his first class was with Miss Berlitz in Coordinator battles. All the classes were co-ed so May was most likely in that class.

He smirked as he spotted his bubbly companion bouncing around the class introducing herself and her Blaziken to as many people as she could.

She spotted and came over with a girl that he recognized in her pictures as Dawn. "Hey, Drew! This is my friend, Dawn and her Piplup, that I've been telling you about."
Drew took her hand and kissed it lightly. "My pleasure."
Dawn blushed and smiled. "Uh, thanks."
May slapped his hand away with a frown. "Stop that."
Drew pulled a rose from behind his back and handed it to her with a wink. "Of course I could never forget you, April."
May turned away but took the rose. "I'd rather you would, grass head."
That stung but Drew loved their playful banter so he continued. Not that he would ever tell her. "Aw, but you'd miss me too much, June bug."
"Shut up, bean sprout!" May exclaimed.

Miss Berlitz entered the room and separated them before the could continue. "Miss Maple, Mr. Hayden. First day of school, do I really have to set you two lovebirds apart?"
May blushed. "Yes, please!"
Drew smirked. "I'm afraid my girlfriend is a bit tired from our travels from Sinnoh. We'll sit down , Ma'am."

Drew covered May's mouth and dragged her to a seat as she tried to protest.

"Now, since this is our first day in class, I'd like you all to go in a circle and say your name, your registered Pokemon, and one interesting fact about you." Miss Berlitz said.

A boy raised his hand.

"Yes, Mr..."
"Lance. Robert Lance. Anyways, I thought this was going to be about battles, not show and tell for 5 year olds." The boy said.

He got a few snickers but it was quickly quiet as Miss Berlitz glared at him. 

"Mr. Lance, I can assure you that when we do get to the show and tell a.k.a the battles, you don't have to participate." Miss Berlitz glared with a smile.

Robert paled and shut his mouth.

Class went on and Drew recognized some of them as past competitors or when he'd watched them on TV. Dawn blushed hoping her mom wouldn't embarrass, and luckily she didn't.

"My name is Drew Hayden. I'm a coordinator from LaRousse City, Hoenn and my pokemon is Absol." I said, flipping my hair, and winking at the girls.

I heard some sighs and a growl from May but I ignored them. Not to brag, but I had already won one Grand Festival so if they wanted to frolic with me, I wasn't going to decline. Besides, it was fun watching May get all riled up.

May stood up when it was her turn. She looked determined and so did her Blaziken. "I'm May Maple of Petalburg City, Hoenn! This my pokemon, Blaziken, and we're traveling around Sinnoh by ourselves!"
"Blazi-blaz!" Blaziken roared.

Drew winced when May smirked at him but he just smiled at another girl. He felt her glaring at him. He sighed. He knew he'd have to deal with her anger later. He hated making her upset but she always kept him on her toes with her mood swings.

Next chapter we'll be getting into our main characters' heads and twisting them to do my evil bidding^.^ lol jk....maybe....