Chapter 4

Levi's pov

The moment I found a chance to run away from that Eren boy, I took off. Running around corners and leaping over boxes and other random things lying around.

The townsfolk were distressed, which was understandable as now there is a gaping hole in the wall that is 'supposed' to be protecting us.

I have to get back at that brat!! I thought about what I'd do when I had trained more and came to face with him again.

But obviously when you're running through a large crowd, you should have your full concentration on dodging all the disturbed people, running from their inpending doom.

My running had become slow and uneven due to sheer amount of people.

I was struggling to balance properly as others were scrambling into me when I was trying to dodge them.

SUDDENLY, as if by magic, I appeared at an area where the crowd had depleted. Before I had time to analyse that fact, in the distance, a 15 meter beast, came scrambling round the corner.

I stood in shock, wondering why my legs wouldn't move. My eyes grew wide as I stared ahead in horror.

I didn't know titans ran like that!!

Just as I thought this, I heard the sound of steel slamming into a house beside me.

I spun round and realised that members of the garrison were flying through on their vertical maneuvering gear.

I knew about these because broken versions were thrown round where I was 'living'.

I know that the operating device is run by a black box. (I'm not sure what to call them).
The steel wire is stored in the operative section and they used steel because steel is strong, has a high melting point and is able to pierce titan's thick skin.

The main tap is connected to the cylinder and there's a little chunk of metal after that and before the handle which is connected to their belt.

The two axis on the side of the operative system spin independently for more power.

Gas is blown directly at the fan to make it spin. The part that blows gas towards the fan and emission system are black boxes.

Gas pressure is adjusted to manage the output.

The gas is compressed into the cylinder, then intected into the tube.

The emission system is shaped like a shuttlecock so it doesn't interfere with the gas coming through the intake port.

I've spent a lot of time studying these, mostly because I have nothing better to do with my life.

Except, I'm part of an elite group called 'sweepers'. We basically kill for justice.

So if you've done bad, you are gonna get killed by one of us.

We try to keep our group small as, the more recruits, the more chance we have of getting busted by a snitch or a clumsy attacker that has let their prey get away.

I really should stop letting my mind go off track so much, damn.

Because here come some more from the garrsion. Holy shit are they badass.

With the advances we have in technology now, it looks like they are actually soaring through the sky like birds almost.

I would love to fly. High above everyone else. Soaring through the sky.

"Oi kid, watch out!!!!"

"Wha-"
...

Eren's pov

Screams.

Were all you could hear.

I should've stayed with my family.

What if they were already dead? I could've saved them. Not father of course. I don't like my father. He's mean.

Ogh. I'm so selfish. Running out in a huff after Mikasa snitched on me.

Flashback

"Hey mom, hey dad"

"Eren! Mikasa! You're back!" Mom ran over to give Mikasa and I a big hug like always. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just stating a fact.

"What's for tea...mom?" Mikasa asked slowly.

"Stew! Your father brought back carrots, potato and a small amount of mince. But I can whip something up for ya'll" mum said with a warm smile.

Mum is always smiling.

We all sat down at our worn down wooden to dig in to my mom's delicious meal.

"So, where were you playing?" Mom asked, looking up from her plate.

"We were down at the river."Mikasa shivered at the thoughts running through her head.

"Oh, the one where...you know." Mom asked.

"Yeah, we were paying our tributes to mr and mrs Ackerman" I said carefully.

Mikasa's eyes began welling up.

"Then we saw the scout regiments coming back." Aftet saying this, I turned round and looked at Mikasa.

"...EREN WANTS TO JOIN THE SCOUTS!!!!!" Mikasa screeched making me jump.

"Mikasa!!" I hissed. I had asked her not to tell.

"EREN!!!!!! YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT JOINING THE SCOUTS!" My mom screamed in fear and rage.

"Why not?!?!" I screamed back. "I want to be able to improve our future! What help is it gonna be, if I just sit here being scared??? I don't care if I'm risking my life, I don't care how many people die!! I want to do something!!!! You - you're all cowards!!!"

I slammed my fists down on the table in complete confusion and frustration.

"Eren...I didn't think you-" mom started.

I didn't hear the rest of what she said.

I was leaving the house.

Flashback over

"Ogh. I have to go back to them. They may be in danger!!"

I sprinted over roofs and jumped over the likes of chimneys.

I felt tears melting from my eyes and streming down my face as I ran faster for want of protecting my family. Well. TWO members of my family.

"Oi kid watch out!!!!"

I spun round and as I did, I was immediately aware of a large inhuman like face right next to me.

Shit.

"WATCH OUT!!!!"

*bang*