Chapter 5

Time skip 7 years

Levi's pov

"Oi kid, wake up, you've got a new 'patient' waiting for you." Reiner shuffled over and placed something in my bag.

"Great." I grunted as I sat up, clicked my neck and stretched out my legs, preparing myself for my next mission.

10 years and counting being a sweeper, really takes its toll on your mental and physical emotions.

Now even when I'm not working, I get looks because of my permanently serious face.

"Right, well I'd better get going then." I stood up and grabbed my plain black backpack and threw it onto my back, narrowly missing horse-face over there.

'Horse-face' as in Jean Kirstein.

Jean Kirstein as in Dickhead.

Heaven forbid me hit him with my backpack. I think the boss'll kill me.

"Hey watch it Ackerman, you nearly took my head off mate!" He talks to me like a child.

JUST BECAUSE I'M SMALL DOESN'T MEAN I'M A CHILD!!!

"I'm not your 'mate'" I glared at him, shooting an icy glance at his new equipment.

"Cool right?"

I look up. "Hmm?" I hummed.

"I've been working hard. Last bounty was a lot of dosh. Heh. Like it? It's a foldaway assault rifle. ha, jealous?"

"No. Why would I be jealous?" I said fiercely.

"I have better athletic skills, that's one reason why I don't need your fancy gadgets,

the other reason is that you rely too much on technology and other gizmos.

If they break, you're dead." I stated. Being careful about what I said as to not anger him.

He was obviously offended at this comment, as he began preparing for a punch.

Luckily, I have fast reflexes and I grabbed his arm, a few centimetres away from my face.

"Pathetic" I muttered as I strolled off into the darkness.

After I was a mile or so away, I pulled open my backpack and snatched the package, put there by Reiner.

I pulled my black Swiss army knife out of my pocket and cut the package open, being careful to do so at a minimum sound level.

Inside was a profile of a boy, perhaps a little older than me judging by his height.

I reached in and pulled out a note that says the person's agility level and more. (Members of the team have worked this out , so it's not perfectly correct).

It also says how dangerous they are, what they did, personal profile and a couple of pictures and personal belongings.

Here.

I'll show you what it says.

Risk level: 9/10
Agility level: 46/50
Crime: Manslaughter
Name: N/A
Age: Around 17/18
Gender: Male
Height: 170cm (roughly)
Weapon(s): bloodied knife and/or broom
Personal belongings: Red scarf, bronze key?
Additional information:
Very fast and able to jump high. Can take down people twice his height.

Jeez.

That's the best they could do?
How the hell am I going to find him?
Go around asking;

"Oh hey, are you 170cm, male, own a red scarf and just happend to murder someone last week?"

Yep. That'll work.

Oh, fuck me.