Chapter 17

Btw the song just seemed to fit, plus I love it!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Levi's pov

I direct my line of sight down at the young boy. There's a purple-black mark right down one side of his face, his neck is cut at the back, when he moves he winces and strains. 

My legs collapse and I fall to my knees in front of the brat. "Eren..." He looks up at me weakly. "May I...ask you something?" He nods gently before grasping the back of his neck.

"Yesterday, when we were at the park, I said I like you and you said you did too... were you joking? or were you being real with me?" His beautiful eyes widen, then he turns away. But, I place my hand on his chin and pull his head, forcing him to look at me. 

"...Were you being truthful?" He gasps out. When he says this, I let go of his chin and myself turn away.

"Y-ye....yeah" I leap back at him, pushing him to the floor. He yelps in pain, but to make him feel better, I press my lips against his. At first, he stares at me, flabbergasted. But then, he calms down.

Eren's pov

After a little surprise, I let Levi kiss me. His firm grip is scary, but comforting. I fight for dominance over my mouth, but to no avail, Levi just seems very... strong. I slide a hand through his pitch-black hair, pulling him closer to me in our sweet embrace. 

He sneakily slides a hand up my top, but I grab his wrist. He pulls away and frowns "aww, eren!!"

"what?" I cough, but he just sits on top of me pouting.

"Ugh, nothing" He begins to get off my lap, but I hesitantly grab his other arm as he'd wriggled out of my grip over his hand. I yank him back and he falls straight on top of me. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you Levi" I breathe.

He looks at me, wondering if I'm solemn or not, before crossing his arms again. He reaches down and before I know it, I'm in fits of laughter as he tickles me. "Hey!! ha..h-ha, Levi! You son of a....ha- bitch!!" I manage to shout through tickles.

At this point, he stops and looks at me in the eyes. "You've changed" My remark causes him to gasp and widen his eyes. "I wouldn't have changed without you"

"how so?" I question.

"On the first day I met you, I completely fell for you, Eren. You may not have noticed how much I wanted you" His cheeks dust over in a beautiful crimson. "Just, the way you acted, seemed so-" He pauses, searching for the perfect word to describe it. "-Independent"

I smile gently as I place my hands on his slender waist. "thanks for the praise"

"Tch" He smiles and laughs a gentle, pretty laugh. "come here you" He gets off of me and pulls me up proudly. I happily follow him to the table and chairs, before sitting down on one of the old wooden chairs, resting my weary bones.

Levi's pov

I examine Eren's condition and at first, I'm doubtful that I'll be able to do anything. That's until there's a knock on the door to the upstairs bit. I tiptoe cautiously to the door, then I pull it open. 

On the other side of the door, I see all of my old squad.  Petra's warm smile glows, standing out from the mediocre males meandering down behind her. 

"Captain!" her twinkly voice matches her cheerful, lively aura.

"Petra...what are you doing here?" I look back at the brat to check on him and he seems to be doing okay, but when I look back, Olou (who thinks he is a mirror image of me) is stood proudly in front of Petra, turning his nose up.

"It's not just Petra, Levi" I kick him in the stomach, making him fall back in to the reluctant arms of Petra.

"a, don't you dare sass me and b, just because we aren't an official squad anymore, doesn't give you permission to call me by my actual name." I declare.

"Sorry sir, but I-ah!" He bites his already scarred tongue before he can argue.

Gunther, Eld, Petra and I laugh as he desperately tries to regain his posture with elegance, but failing miserably by accidentally falling forward and subsequently hitting his head against the door frame. 

I unwillingly help him up then push him into the chair opposite Eren. He leans his head on his hand, then leans his elbow on the table and looks over at the brat. 

"You have a cute pet, corporal" He smirks until Eren turns to him and knocks his elbow, slamming Olou's face on to the table. 

"Well done, Eren" I congratulate him with a kiss to the cheek and then watch as the others follow through. I tell Gunther to run upstairs and grab the first-aid kit on floor 3, (because it's the only one that either hasn't been tampered with, or is still actually there) then I introduce Eren to the guys. 

Petra seems to have grown a liking to him, as she sits down in front of him and they have their own little chat, while Eld and I catch up.