Chapter 19

Eren's pov

"But, how?" Levi looks at me in the eyes and I smile again.

"Don't worry about it right now, okay? I'm going to take you back to my home, I'll look after you there" I hold out my hand for him to take, which he does graciously. 

"Thanks Eren" I help him up and then I clasp his hand. Levi leans his head on my shoulder

"Come on then Levi" I place my hand on his cheek again and he moans softly. 

I take him back to the house, where I'm thankful that Mikasa isn't home. I slip in, ravenously raid the cupboards and end up making up some toast and pasta, for Levi,  and grabbing an apple for myself. At first, he refuses profusely and then finally accepts and digs into the meal happily. 

"So, what happens when your step-sister comes home?" Levi asked after I'd filled him in on a few things about my life and he did the same for me. 

"I'll explain everything, I'm not sure how it'll play out bu--" He suddenly looks over at me. His expression turns cold and icy. 

"Everything?" He asks cautiously, my face drops as I look straight at him.

"Y-yeah, why? what's so bad?" He stands up, wincing slightly from previous wounds or scars. 

Levi pushes his chair forward, his expressionless face bringing back old, bad memories. "Maybe I ought to just leave" 

"Levi..." I sigh and for some reason, I get a sharp pain in my chest then I stand up and reach for his hand. He pulls his arm away and clasps it to his chest. "Why... what have I done?" My eyes get that painstakingly obvious feeling of when you're about to cry.

Levi looks at me, slightly lightheartedly. "What if your sister tells, about what I do?" Levi's eyes pleading with mine, only making me want to spill my tears quicker. "about what I did to you?? I'm as good as dead!!" He slams his fist on the table, breathing heavily. 

"Levi!" I grab both his fists and clench them in my hands. "I won't tell her, I'll convince her that you're just an old friend and I decided to spend some nights catching up".

Levi's pov

His argument is not exactly what I'd call substantial, but it's all we have.

I want to stay with him so badly, but, I don't want to hurt him, or pose as a threat to him...

nor leave him.

Suddenly, the front door creaks open. I instinctively look over to see and...

I wish I hadn't.

Eren's step sister, Mikasa, was trudging through the door when she saw me. She runs into the kitchen, blind in panic.

"What are you doing in my-!!" When she gets in the room, she sees Eren stood there, a half eaten apple on the table and myself in his grip. "Eren!!" She throws her arms around him, I growl under my breath, get OFF my boy!!  

The hug causes Eren to let go of my hands and I immediately miss the feeling of his soft, sweet skin, but I shrug it off and watch as Mikasa gets off of the brat and wipes her eyes.

"I th-thought you'd....died" She croaks out. Her voice alone is like the definition of sadness. I immediately regret anything I'd ever done to Eren. 

Eren looks at her warmly. His smile sending shivers up my spine, despite him looking into Mikasa's eyes, not mine. "I'm sorry, but I'll make it up to you, but, Levi has to stay"

At first, she seems reluctant. Her irises shift from me to Eren constantly for a few moments, before she clears her throat and says; "Fine"

                                     ----------------Time skip to a month later------------

Mikasa seems to be getting used to seeing me around. FINALLY!!

I clean for the two dirty brats and I even wash one of them.

I've even started applying for jobs, although they're scarce, I'll find one, I'm determined to. (the feeling of knowing someone understands this reference, fills me with determination to finish this chapter!)

So, after a long day of searching for work, I wander 'home' and boil the kettle as soon as I get in. I hear the door open and assume it's Eren, so I turn to check, but all I see is Erwin. And he does NOT look happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT will happen to Levi?

WHERE is Eren in his time of need?

WHY is this happening?

IS this a cliffhanger?

HAVE I put too many rhetorical questions?

ALL WILL BE RESOLVED IN THE FINAL CHAPTER WHENEVER I CAN WRITE IT, TIL THEN.......

..............take care y'all ---____----