chapter 7

Eren's pov

"Right, you go inside I'll wait outside ok?" I said this to Armin because I've had a falling out with the shop keeper.

"Are you sure?" He turned to me cautiously.

"Yeah, yeah it's fine"

As I stood outside the shop, I saw a shady character walking over.

He had black hair cut back to keep it out of the way and he was wearing a plain bag and an extremely serious face plastered on.

As he approached in a menacing manner, I took a step backwards and looked passed his shoulders.

He seemed to be staring right through me.

Levi's pov

The boy stood outside the shop looked like someone I knew.

I just couldn't think who.

I pondered on the subject for a minute or two as I neared his position.

Suddenly, a memory came to mind.

He's that boy that saved Armin that one time when I was 15!!

My face changed to a sterner expression as I walked closer.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my trusty silver - handled pocket knife and hid it in my fist.

Eren's pov

I saw the boy reach into his pocket, obviously trying to be discreet.

He pulled something out,  I couldn't see what it was but it glinted in the light, so I suspected it was a small weapon.

I reached into my pocket, looked away and whistled to look more nonchalant and innocent.

He walked up to me and tried to be intimidating,  which was hard as he was roughly 10 centimeters smaller than me.

Without warning he lunged forward with his weapon.

I dodged out the way and reached to grab his arm, missed and ended up falling over his feet.

Which turned out to be an advantage! 

As I tripped and fell, I grabbed the boy's leg and he collapsed underneath me.

"Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing?!?!" I yelled.

"Killing you"

"What??"

The boy pushed me up from underneath me and slit my,  already scarred arms.

"Fuck!" I screamed, I stood up gripping my arm "you bastard" I grunted as I stepped closer to him. He stepped back in shock, but soon after had the same stern face on again.

I leaped forward and grabbed him around the waist and pushed him against the shop's exterior hastily. I pulled his knife out of his hand, threw it to the floor and kicked it away.

"Oi!" he shouted angrily at me, so I pushed his shoulders up against the wall.

I slapped him across the face, "Shut up you" I hissed "You better leave sharpish, pal"

"I'm not your 'pal', so get used to it.