Chapter 4

The one thing I have missed very dearly all summer is watching lacrosse practice. Stiles and Scott usually just sit on the bench, but my other friend Issac has been known to play quite a bit. Lydia always come to watch with me because Jackson is on first line. Now it seems that I have Allison to join us because she equally stares at Scott as much as he stares at her.

All of the lacrosse players walk on to the field. Scott has this determined look on his face like he plans to let nothing make him fail. Good, he needs to make it on first line. Scott's eyes are trained on Allison while he stands next to Stiles, who shoots me a grin.

"McCall!" Coach Finstock shouts at my brother.

"Yeah?" Scott returns to his usual confused look that he always has on.

"You're in goal!" Finstock yells at him, tossing the equipment at him.

I groan, burying my face in my hands. During summer, Scott and Stiles never once practiced being in the goal during their practices. Finstock is basically setting Scott up to embarrass himself in front of everyone. He will embarrass himself in front of Allison. Here is another reason why I hate Finstock.

"I've never played goal."

"I know." Finstock tells him. "Scoring some shots gives the guys a confidence boost. It's the first day back. Get them engerized. Fire them up!"

"What about me?" Scott grips the equipment in his hands.

"Try not to take any shots to the face." Finstock lightly slapping Scott's cheek and walking off. Scott pulls his helmet on, rotating his shoulders in the goal.

"Ellie, who's that guy?" Allison nods at Scott in the goal.

I beam at her, happily. "That would be Scott McCall, my twin brother." Allison's eyes widen as my words sink in. "Don't worry. I won't tell him about this crush you have on him."

"C-Crush? No, I don't like him. He just lent me a pen in my first class." Allison shakes her head, still watching Scott.

"Yeah, I know. I saw." I giggle, reminding her that I was right there when the whole pen situation happened.

Allison blushes, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "Speaking of which, how how long have you been dating that guy?" She points to Stiles on the bench.

"W-What? No! I am not dating Stiles." I shake my head, vigorously. Why would Allison think I was dating Stiles?

"Oh." She frowns. "I could have sworn that you two were dating. I mean, you two are so close and he was right by your face this morning."

I run my hand through my hair. "No, we aren't together. I wish we were."

"Why don't you two just date then?"Allison points at the back of Stiles' body. "I saw the way he looked at you. Actually, every time he looks at you, it's like you are the only girl he sees."

"Don't get my hopes up." I cup my chin in my hand, watching Scott get ready. "I've liked him since eighth grade."

"So, ask him out!" Allison bumps her shoulder into mine.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"He likes Lydia." I turn to my red headed best friend, texting away on her phone.

Allison forms an 'o' with her mouth. "Are you sure? I still thinks he likes you." She taps her fingers on her leg.

Finstock blows his whistle and Scott grabs the side of his head, like the sound was too loud for him. One of the lacrosse players come running up to Scott. He throws the ball right at Scott, hitting him right in the face. Scott collapses on the ground, breathing heavily.