Chapter 28

Checking my reflection in my little mirror hooked on the inside of my locker, I zip up the grey hoodie Stiles let me borrow, considering that my sweater was too wet to wear for the rest of the day. I had an extra tank top in my gym locker, which helped a lot. I'm supposed to be in my English class right now, but I had to rush to get changed first. I have an 'A' in the class, I'm not worried about being a few minutes late.

Behind me, Scott strolls up to where I'm standing, one hand attached to his backpack strap on his shoulder. "Hey, Ellie. Can we talk for a second?"

I spin around, shutting my locker door shut. "Of course. Wait. Did you have have encounter with Allison?" I place my hand on his arm.

"No." Scott grabs my arm, pulling me into an empty office. "I, uh- I just need to tell you something."

I tilt my head to the side, noticing his change of tone. "Is something wrong?"

Scott shuts the door behind us. He runs a hand over his face, releasing a sigh from his mouth. "I wish I didn't have to tell you this.."

"Scotty, you're worrying me." I pull myself up on desk. "What's wrong?"

All of the possible bad things that could happen race through my mind. Did the Alpha get our mom? No, Scott would be really upset if that happened. Is Stiles hurt?!

"Look," Scott grabs my hand in his, really creaking me out. "I was on my way to my next class and I saw Stiles making out with Lydia."

"No." I sternly shake my head. "No, you did not see that."

My heart drops out of my chest and my breathing rapidly increases. Stiles wouldn't do something like that to me. He loves me. Lydia is my best friend and she knows how much I like Stiles. Scott didn't see that happen.

"I'm sorry, Ellie." Scott apologizes. "I didn't want to believe it, so I went into the room. They didn't even look sorry when I stopped them. Stiles had his hands underneath Lydia's shirt and it was just going to end one way."

My hands rip away from Scott's and fly up to my mouth. "No. You're lying. Stiles- he wouldn't do that. H-He loves me." I bawl, gasping for air.

Why can't I breathe properly?

Scott's lips spread out in a thin line. "Afterwards, he told me that they've been secretly dating behind your back."

A strangled cry escapes between my lips. My heart feels like it just ripped in two. I should have known that Stiles liked Lydia. Why would he even like me in the first place? Scott holds me against his chest as I scream out in agony. I give my heart out to Stiles and he goes and does this to me, with Lydia of all people.

"No, no, no!" I bang my fist against my brother's chest. "I love him." I cry, slumping against Scott. "W-W-Why would he d-do this? Am I not g-good enough?"

"I don't know."

"H-He said he loved me.." I sob into Scott's shirt.

Scott stayed with me for a few more minutes then left saying he couldn't miss his classes. I can understand that, mom would kill him if she found out he was skipping his classes he is failing. I've been alone in this office, crying my eyes out for the last two class periods of the day. I was alone to deal with my emotional self.

My world feels like it has broken into tiny little pieces. The guy that I have been in love with for two years has been dating my best friend behind my back. I thought that my life was just finally going well and then this happens. I was so stupid to think that Stiles loved me. He made up everything just to make me think he cared when, in reality, he didn't. That's what I get for trusting someone.

Stiles was supposed to be my ride home, but I don't want to be anywhere near him. He broke my heart. Now, I'll just have to wait for Scott. The Alpha could be lurking around, which meant walking home was a dangerous idea.

Making sure I look decent enough to leave the room, I slide back out into the crowded school hallway, my eyes puffy and red. I pull the hood up on my jacket, and quickly stop when I remember that this is Stiles' jacket. I angrily pull the jacket off of me, tempted to throw it in the trash. My jaw quivers at the thought of my now ex-boyfriend.

I choke back the sobs once again, on my on to the lacrosse field to the bleachers. My arms are crossed against my chest, while I lean up against the side of the bleachers, glaring at the back of Stiles' head. The entire team is out on the field, taking their own turns to make a goal. Scott takes off down the field, slams into Jackson and another player, and hits Danny in the head with his stick before he makes the goal.

Forgetting about hating Stiles, I race across the field to where Danny collapsed to the ground. Everyone surrounds around Danny, creating a circle around him. I push my way through the lacrosse players and come across Jackson, just another thing to add to my problems.

"Is he okay?" I grimace at the sight of the blood underneath Danny's helmet. Scott must have hit him really hard.

"It looks like he just has a bloody nose..." Jackson trails off when his gaze turns to me.

"What?" I worriedly think that I missed some mascara that ran down my face. Stiles hears my voice and whips around to me.

"Your eyes. It looks like you've been crying." Jackson points out. For a second, he looks concerned about me.

"Oh." I dumbly say, backing away from the group.

"Ellie!" Stiles chases after me.

I feel my walls start to break down again as I push my legs faster. "Leave me alone!" A tear spills over onto my cheek.

"Ellie, wait!" Stiles grabs ahold of my elbow, spinning me around to face him.

"Don't touch me!" I yank my arm away from him. "How could you do this to me?! I told you I've been in love with you for two years and you do that to me?" Stiles stares at me with a look of confusion. "Scott told me about you and Lydia."

His mouth pops open, shocked. "What are you talking about? There's nothing going on with me and Lydia." Stiles reaches for my hand and I shove his chest. "I love you and only you. Ellie, you have to believe me. Scott only said that because of the full moon."

I ignore the desperation in his voice. "Don't feed me those lies! It all makes sense. Why would you ever be into a girl like me when you can have Lydia?" I throw his jacket at him. "I hate you."

I walked home after my fight with Stiles. I couldn't bother to wait for Scott to finish with practice. I bawled my eyes out the whole way home, by the time I got home, I was exhausted. Mom was home when I got back to the house and after thirty minutes of crying on her shoulder, I went up to my room for a nap. I needed to be energised for when Scott freaks about the full moon tonight.

"Ellie?" A warm finger brushes across my cheek in a comforting gesture. "Ellie, please."

I wake up to the soothing voice, blinking away the sleep from my eyes. My eyes focus on Stiles, laying on my bed next to me. I jump away from him, all of my heartache coming back to me.

"W-What are you doing here?" I narrow my eyes at him.

Stiles holds up his hands in surrender. "Just hear me out, okay?"

I scoot away from him. "I know everything already. Scott told me everything."

"Are you really going to believe Scott over me?" Stiles stands up with his arms still in the air.

"He's my brother-"

"-Who is also a werewolf that gets really screwed up around the full moon." Stiles rushes to point out. "Do you want to know what really happened when Scott cans to talk to me?" I hold a heavy glare. "I asked Scott if he would ask you if you really loved me. I wanted him to listen to your heartbeat. I have been scared all day that you don't really love me. I've been terrified that you are going to leave me."

"But-"

Stiles shakes his head, edging closer. "Tonight is the full moon. Scott rammed into Danny today. He's not himself. I love you." Stiles cradles my face in his hands, wiping my tears away. "You're the only girl I have ever loved. Lydia means nothing to me. You are my entire world. I love you so much. I would rather die then ever hear you say that you hate me."

Scott was acting weird all day. He barely showed any emotion when he told me about Stiles. I just rushed into believing because I'm always scared that Stiles would leave me. The way that Stiles is gazing at me, I can see the desperation and truth in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." I croak, once everything makes sense.

Stiles exhales in relief. "It's okay." His arms snaking around my shoulder and pull me into his embrace. "Just don't do that to me ever again."

"I don't hate you. I could never hate you." I mumble against his neck. "I'm going to kill Scott tomorrow."

"Speaking of which, we need to get ready for him." Stiles presses a kiss to my lips.

I nod, intertwining our fingers together. "Let's do this."

Stiles picks up a black duffel bag and leads me into Scott's room. I flick on the light switch, screaming when I see Scott sitting in the corner of his room. When did he get home? Instead of looking normal, Scott has this scary look etched onto his face. This is not Scott.

"Oh my god! Dude, you scared the hell out of me. Your mom said you weren't home yet." Stiles exclaims, just as freaked out as I am.

"I came in through the window." Scott states in a creepy voice.

"Okay.." Stiles glances at me with an eyebrow raised. "Uh, well, lets get this set up. I want you to see what I bought."

"I'm fine." Scott stares at us, while Stiles opens the duffle bag. "I'm just going to lock the door and go to bed early tonight."

I step closer to Stiles, not enjoying being under Scott's intimidating gaze. "You sure about that? 'Cause you've got this kind of serial killer look going on in your eyes and I'm hoping it's the full moon taking effect, because it's really starting to freak me out."

Stiles crouches down by the bag. The full moon has taken full effect on Scott and I'm actually scared of him. We are still going through with the plan, no matter how fine Scott days he is.

"I'm fine. You should go now." Scott keeps up with the scary voice.

"Alright. We'll leave." Stiles agrees, pushing me back, gently. "Well, look, would you just at least look in the bag and see what I bought? You know, maybe you use it, maybe you don't. Sound good?"

Scott gets out of his chair, sauntering towards the black bag. My boyfriend slyly slides out a pair of handcuffs from his jacket pocket.

Opening the bag, Scott pulls out the chains, annoyed. "You think I'm going to let you put these on me and chain me up like a dog?"

"No." Stiles shoves Scott back and handcuffs him to the radiator under his window.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Scott yanks on his wrist that is chained to the leg of the radiator.

Stiles stumbles back towards me. "Protecting you from yourself and giving you some payback for lying to Ellie."

Scott turns his head up, locking eyes with me. "So, you figured it out. Congratulations. You're not as dumb as you look, sis." He speaks, his features turning dark.

I dig my nails into the side of Stiles' waist. "Go to hell." I hiss at him.

"Ellie, let's leave him alone." Stiles pushes me out of the bedroom.

We've been guarding the door for the past ten minutes until Stiles said he had to grab something from downstairs. When he returned with a dog bowl with Scott's name written on it and a bottle of water, I couldn't hide my smirk. Scott completely deserves this. If he thinks that I was made at him last time, he should just wait until tomorrow.

"I got you some water." Stiles carries the items to Scott. I hear him pour the water into the dog bowl.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Scott screams after I hear the dish and water crash to the floor.

I ignore the urge to storm into the room. Scott can't hurt us as long as he is chained up.

"You lied to Ellie!" Stiles blows up and I jump from the noise. "You told her that I was dating Lydia behind her back! You of all people know I have been in love with your sister for ten years! Did you not see how heart broken you made Ellie?! I asked for you to help me and you did that! You know, the past three hours, I've been thinking that it's probably just the full moon. He doesn't even know what he's doing and tomorrow, he'll be back to normal. And, he probably won't even remember how much of a complete dumbass he's been, a son of a bitch, and a freaking unbelievable piece of crap friend and brother!"

The room turns completely silent except for Stiles' heavy breathing. I hold my breath, listening for any reason for me to rush inside. I've never heard Stiles lose control like that.

"How long do you think Ellie will be into you?" Scott asks him. "Do you really think Ellie would rather be with you when she could date someone else? I bet Jackson would date her."

I reach into the room, from my spot on the floor and drag Stiles out of the room by his hand. He collapses on the ground next to me, his arms pulling me to his chest.

"It's only a matter of time before Ellie realises she can do better than you." Scott continues to torment his best friend.

I grab Stiles's head. "Don't listen to him. I love you. It's just the full moon. It's just the full moon." I repeat, my arms around his shoulders.

A few minutes passed, and Stiles and I were still hugging each other in tight death grips. Scott gave up tormenting Stiles and has been too quiet. I don't like this side of Scott, he scares me.

"Stiles, please let me out." Scott pleads from inside of the room. "Ellie? It's the full moon, I swear. I would never do anything to hurt you or Stiles. I love you guys. Just let me go, please?"

I bury my face into Stiles' neck. "If you don't hold me tighter, I may crack." I whisper to him, resulting in his arms tightening even more.

"Ellie, please. I need you. You're my sister. It's the break up making me do all of this. I'm sorry." Scott tries to make one of us crack. "Stiles, please. You're my best friend."

"We can't." Stiles breathes, his nose pressing against my cheek.

Screams come from the the bedroom, the sound of metal against metal adds to the commotion. I squeeze my eyes shut, hating myself for this. This night just needs to be over with. All of the noise ceases to a stop and silence settles upon us.

"Scott?" I pull back from Stiles, scared. We let go of each other and peek into the room. "Scott, are you okay?"

"Scott?" Stiles gapes at the empty room.

⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣

Author's Note:

Two updates in one day! Yay!

This was quite the emotional chapter, eh? Stellie is completely fine. Scott is a douchebag on the night of a full moon.

Question: Isn't Stellie adorable, though?

So, yeah!