Chapter 29

The black Camaro takes a sharp turn and I slide around the backseat, grasping onto anything to stop me. I knew I should have drove instead of Scott. I dig my fingers into the back of Stiles' seat, my seatbelt not helping me at all.

The past few days have been very eventful ever since the night of the full moon. When Scott came back home, he was back to his normal self thanks to Derek Hale, who managed to survive after all. Thankfully, Derek was there to bring Scott back from being the scary person he was. Derek told Scott that he heard a rumor about a way to undo the curse of the bite is to kill the person that bit you. Now, we are all helping Derek out because he promised to help Scott kill the Alpha.

Scott, Stiles, and I have been driving in Derek's car for the past half hour with the familiar black SUV chasing after us. Allison's aunt Kate has joined their family and as it turns out, she is a werewolf hunter, too. I've met Kate once for a split second when I visited Allison at her house and she intimidated me. There is just something about her that scared me. Scott got the same impression from Allison's Aunt Kate when he was forced to have a very awkward dinner with the whole family.

Neither of them have completely told me why we are in Derek's car on a wild car chase with Kate Argent, except for the fact that Derek needs our help. I guess Derek just calls and we come running like a bunch of dogs, pun intended.

Stiles hasn't stopped yelling rude remarks to Scott about how slow he is driving. Kate is good at staying on our tail, which is what we want, since Derek is off doing something dangerous. Kate, obviously isn't as smart as she thinks she is because she believes she is following Derek Hale, instead of three high schoolers.

I swing my legs up on the leather seat, kneeling to see out of the back window. My eyes widen in fear as the bright headlights creep closer to the back of the Camaro. If Kate drives any faster, we will be rear ended. I whirl back around, squeezing myself between the two front seats.

"Scott, I hate to be a backseat driver and all, but Crazy Kate Argent is about to ram into the back of us." I uneasily state, peering over my shoulder once more.

"Faster?" Scott briefly glimpses at rearview mirror.

"Much faster." Stiles agrees.

Nodding, Scott nervously shifts into the next gear. Instead of really accelerating, he only speeds up by five mph. The black SUV has no trouble keeping up with us and even inches closer to the back of the car.

"Can you at least give us a two minute window, so I can take over driving and get the hell away from Crazy Kate?" I plead with my brother. "You are driving way too damn slow."

They cast a look a me, both thinking the same thing about me. I rarely ever curse, the only time I do is when I'm really frightened or mad. Stiles grabs my hand, comfortingly. He looks back and forth between the back window and the front of the car, repeatedly. At least, I'm not the only one freaking out about this whole ordeal.

"Scott, I really don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase." Stiles settles back in his seat.

"If I go any faster, I'll kill us." Scott grips the steering wheel tighter with both hands, flustered.

I groan, my head falling forward and resting on Stiles' shoulder. "Pull on your big boy pants and drive faster before I shove my foot-"

"Whoa! Calm down there!" Stiles covers my mouth with both of his hands. "Look, Scott. If you don't go any faster, she's going to kill us!"

Scott grimaces and shifts to the next gear. I glance over my shoulder, where Kate is staying very close to us. Scott turns a sharp right, making me slide across the backseat. Much to my surprise, Kate goes left instead of following us. I clamber to my knees, staring at the black SUV disappear.

"She's gone." I announce, bewildered.

"What?" Stiles whips around in the passenger seat. "Where'd she go?"

Kate is a crazy werewolf hunter that wouldn't give up a chance to capture Derek, unless she found out that she wasn't chasing Derek. She has the rest of the Argent family, excluding Allison, to rely on. One of them could have found out that Derek is off somewhere else.

"She knows it's not Derek driving." Scott realizes a few seconds after I do.

Slipping out a portable police scanner, Stiles flicks it on for us to listen. He must have 'borrowed' it from his dad, otherwise, there is no way he would have gotten his hands on it.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works." The police officer on the scanner says.

"Scott, this is the time to go faster." I shoot up, eyes locked onto the scanner. "Go!"

He finally gets the courage to slam his foot on the gas pedal. I never thought I would see the day that we would willingly be helping Derek Hale out. The Camaro races down the road towards our destination. A flicker of light from the fire escapes captures all of our attention. Slamming on the breaks, we all lurch forward as the tires squeal to a stop. Derek runs towards the black car from the side of the building.

"Get in!" Stiles flings the door open and climbs into the backseat, half of him landing on my upper torso.

I grunt in pain, my boyfriend's weight crushing my airways. Derek jumps into the car just as Stiles adjusts himself to take the weight off of me. Guns go off somewhere nearby, firing at the car we are in. Even in this dangerous situation we are in, I can't help my heartbeat pick up from the close proximity of the two of us.

"Stiles, stop doing that to my sister. Her heartbeat is going crazy." Scott grumbles as he speeds down the road. With that said, we scramble away from each other in the backseat, our cheeks flaming up.

Derek slams his fist into the dashboard, angrily. I flinch at the sound. I would hate to be the one to upset him.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott barks at the angry werewolf.

"Damn it! I had him!" Derek slams his fist back into the dashboard.

"Who?" Stiles wedges himself between the front seats, eager for answers. "The Alpha?"

"Yes! He was right in front of me and the freaking police showed up!" Derek roars, fists clenching up.

"Whoa, hey. They're just doing their jobs." Stiles defends the police force, mainly because his dad is the sheriff.

Derek shots him a look, which makes Stiles shrink back to me in the backseat. "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state."

"Can we get past that? I made a dumbass mistake, I get it." Scott catches the sly dig directed towards him.

"So, how did you find him?" I drag the attention away from Scott, sliding forward in my seat. Derek ignores me. "Seriously. Can you just trust us for once? We have been risking our lives to save your werewolf ass one too many times and you need to learn that we are on your side."

Derek raises an eyebrow and I hold my ground. "The last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things, the first was a guy named Harris."

"As in our chemistry teacher?" Stiles squeezes his way next to me in the small space between the seats.

Mr. Harris is pretty evil in class, but I didn't expect him to have some kind of part in all of this. In all honest, I'm not quite surprised that Harris has something to do with this. Maybe that why he hates Scott and I, he might have something to do with the Argents. Does Harris know about Scott being a werewolf?

"Why him?" Scott asks in his normal state of confusion.

"I- I don't know yet." Derek sighs.

"What's the second thing?"

He digs through his pockets, not stopping until he pulls out a small piece of paper. Stiles and I lean forward as Derek unfolds the paper. "Some kind of a symbol."

The blood from my face and Scott's drains, the symbol on the paper strikes a memory in our minds. After everything Scott has been through, why does this have to lead back to her.

Derek notices our expressions. "What? You know what it is?"

I rub Scott's shoulder, sadly. "We've seen it on a necklace."

"Allison's necklace."

"This is going to be impossible." Scott groans for the millionth time this morning.

"Can't you just ask to borrow it?" Stiles swings our hands between us on our way through the school's hallway.

Scott arches an eyebrow. "How?"

"It's easy." Stiles smirks. "Just say 'Hey, Allison, can I borrow your necklace? See if there is anything on it or it can lead me to an Alpha werewolf, so I can kill him in order to get back together with you."

I roll my eyes at the idea. "Don't do that. His plan is not going to help you. Just talk to Allison."

"She's not talking to me." Scott pouts. "God, what if she only takes it off in the shower or something?"

"That's why you ease back into it, try to remind her of the good times, and then you ask for the necklace." Stiles tries to grasp Scott's attention. Scott stares off in a trance.

I smack the back of his head, wiping the distant look on his face. "You're thinking about her in the shower, aren't you?"

"Yeah."

I scoff, hitting him again. Are all guys like this or is my brother the only one that is a horny teenager? Scott stays in his weird guy daze, still thinking about Allison.

"Alright. Look, just stay focused. Get the necklace, get the Alpha, get cured, and get Allison back." Stiles grabs one of Scott's shoulders.

"In the order." I pipe up. "Okay? C'mon, Stiles. Let's go to class."

We walk away from Scott to our next class period, unfortunately, that is geometry. Out of all of my classes, geometry is probably my second easiest, which doesn't make sense to me because I hate math. Stiles is probably only passing this class because I help him with everything.

"Do you think he can actually get it?" Stiles weaves around a group of seniors nears their lockers.

I sigh. "Honestly, no. I get this feeling that Scott is going to force me to try and get it. I really don't want to ruin my friendship with Allison over this."

Stiles stops me from walking into the classroom. "Everything will work out fine. Don't stress over it."

"That's kind of asking for the impossible." I mutter, trying to walk into the classroom. Stiles yanks me back out. "Stiles, we're going to be late."

"We're skipping today."

"No, we're not." I shake my head.

He grabs me by my waist, holding me in place. "Yes, we are. You need a day where you don't have to worry about the stress of school or all this werewolf crap."

I cross my arms across my chest. "I'm not skipping the whole day. I'm not skipping at all."

"What do you have in this class? The same as me, right? An 'A'?" Stiles continues on with his crazy idea. "Missing one class period is not going to kill your grade."

"W-We can't. Mrs. Chester has already seen us." I motion with my head to our geometry teacher, who is on her way to stand outside the door.

Stiles looks at Mrs. Chester with a mischievous grin. "I have a plan. Pretend your sick."

"What?"

"Just do it." Stiles whispers, roping an arm around my waist like he is holding me up. I slump against Stiles' chest and attempt to make myself look like I am sick.

Mrs. Chester wanders over to us, curiously. "The bell is about to ring." She says, grabbing the door handle. "Oh, Ellie. You don't look well. Are you feeling okay?"

"Actually, she is coming down with a cold." Stiles beats me to answering her. "I was just going to bring her home and get her some soup and medicine."

"Take her home." Mrs. Chester agrees. "And, don't worry about missing today's class. We aren't doing much today. I'll mark you two as excused."

"Thank you." Stiles helps me walk down the hallway until we turn a corner.

We glance over our shoulders, checking for any teachers, and run down the hallway. Laughter flows out of our mouths as we run down the hallway and out of the double doors. For some reason, we end up on the lacrosse field, spread out across the grass. I'm not one to skip class, but when your teacher gives you permission, it's hard to say no.

"You are such a teacher's pet." Stiles zips up his hoodie.

"I am not." I giggle, draping my legs over his lap. I rip some grass up and toss some at him.

"You're kidding, right?" He quirks an eyebrow, his right hand brushing the grass off his shirt. "If any other student did that, she would have told them to suffer. Everyone likes you."

"I'm just that kind of person." I shrug. "What are we going to do about the necklace?" I become serious.

His hands grab both of my cheeks. "No. I'm not letting you think about that."

"We have to think about-"

Stiles cuts me off by giving me a brief kiss. "No."

"But-"

He kisses me again. Is he going to kiss me every time I try to say something?

"Stiles-"

Another kiss.

"I-"

Kiss. Before he can pull away, I interlock my fingers around his neck. His lips press harder against mine instead of being gentle like he has been. Skipping class was definitely a good idea. Stiles lowers his hand down to my waist and pulls me fully on his lap.

"Whoa. If you're going to make out then make sure you don't do it where anybody can catch you." Danny interrupts us, snickering as he passes by us, with his lacrosse stick in hand.

"Are you sure?" I casually glance over my shoulder at the jerk who keeps ruining my life, known as Jackson Whitmore.

"Yes." Scott sighs, confirming my question for the fifth time.

Somehow, Jackson has figured out that Scott is a werewolf and confronted him about it. We have enough on our plates. We don't need him being curious and snooping into our lives. Jackson has a big mouth, not to mention he is one of the most popular guys in this school. He is bound to go blurting out Scott's secret. To make everything even better, Jackson demanded that Scott helps him get turned into a werewolf or he is going to tell Allison about Scott's secret.

"So, did you get the necklace?" I change the subject. We need to deal with one problem at a time.

"Not exactly."

"What happened?" Stiles pokes around at his lunch, picking up a chicken tender.

"She told me not to talk to her, at all." Scott frowns down at the lunch table.

Stiles chews his food and swallows before asking another question. "So, she's not giving you the necklace?"

"She's not giving me the necklace!" Scott raises his voice, agitated.

"What else did you find out?" Stiles asks, more calmly.

"Just that I know nothing about girls and they are totally psychotic."

I toss my apple at his chest. "I take offense to that."

Stiles chuckles, his fingers sliding over my palm and intertwines with mine underneath the table. "He means besides you."

"Uh huh." I roll my eyes. I smile at Stiles from the corner of my eye, bringing my bottle of water to my lips.

"Guys, seriously." Scott groans. "You two can flirt some other day."

Stiles faces Scott once again. "I came up with a plan B in case anything like this happened."

"What's plan B?" Scott demands.

"Just steal it."

Scott drops his head to his hands. "Why can't Ellie just get it for me?"

Stiles squeezes my hand. "She doesn't want to get in the middle of this."

My brother lifts his head back up, glaring at me. "Thanks, El."

"You have no right to be mad at me. Let me remind you that you are the one that made me think that Stiles had a thing going on with Lydia." I point out, defending myself.

"That wasn't me!" Scott exclaims. "What about Harris?"

"My dad has him on a twenty four hour protective detail. The necklace is all we've got." Stiles grabs my water from me, taking a sip.

My brother raises a brow at what Stiles did. I don't think he is completely used to the fact that Stiles and I are in a relationship. His reaction changes from confusion to worry in a matter of a few minutes. Scott watches something behind us and then down at the table.

"Scotty-"

"Guys, he's watching us." Scott shifts in his seat, uncomfortably.

"Who?" I spin around in my seat. Jackson is sitting a few tables away, eyes locked on the three of us. He smiles at me, friendly. This is very weird. I give him a odd smile back, spinning back around. "Why is Jackson watching us?"

Scott clenches his fist on the table. "I don't know. He knows I can hear him. He's talking to me." He breathes out. Stiles looks over his shoulder at Jackson. "Look at me. Just talk to me, act normal, pretend like nothing's happening. Say something. Talk to me."

Listening to Scott's demands, I blurt out the first thing that comes to my mind. "I want a snow cone."

They give me a strange look at the same time. I uneasily shrug. Scott said to talk to him and that's what I was doing. He was specific on what we should talk about.

Stiles throws his arms up in the air. "I can't think of anything. My mind is completely blank!"

This is my turn to give Stiles a weird look. "Are you kidding me? If anything, you should be the one carrying on a conversation right now."

"You can't think of something?" Scott chimes in, sounding shocked just like me. This is the first time Stiles can't think of something to say.

"Not under this kind of pressure and FYI, he's not even sitting with them anymore." Stiles informs us.

Scott and I whip our heads around the cafeteria for signs of Jackson. Where did he disappear off to?

"Yes." Scott says, randomly.

"Yes, what?" I ask Scott, confused. My brother grasps his bottle of water in his hand, his grip tightening and crushing the bottle as he brings it to his mouth to take a sip. "Is he talking to you?"

"You can't let him have this kind of power over you." Stiles says as Scott holds his tray in both hands.

His grip tightens even more, causing the tray to snap in half. I jump back in my seat and everyone else in the room stares at the broken tray.

This is so not good.

⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣

Author's Note:

I thought you guys ought to have a bit of a Stellie moment in there. Cute, yes?

I noticed I haven't had Isaac in this in a while. I guess I'll have to bring him back soon.

I'm trying to make my chapters longer, so hopefully this is longer than four pages.

Question: What do you think so far?

So, yeah!