Chapter 23

Coach Finstock ushers me into his classroom along with the other students almost late to class like I was. I would have been here sooner, but Jackson and his big mouth wouldn't stop talking to me. As soon as I stepped into the classroom, I instantly see Scott and Stiles already picking their seats. I was waiting in the hallway for them for no reason. I could have avoided talking to Jackson.

"Let's go. Sit, sit, sit, sit. We got a lot to cover today. Let's go. Quicker, Mini McCall." Finstock waves his hands at me, making me quickly pick a seat next to Scott. Stiles moves to sit behind me.

"Hey, Stiles, sit behind me, dude." Scott quickly says when Allison tries to take the seat instead.

Stiles has one seat over the chair and Allison sets her stuff on the desk. Scott turns to face the front just as Allison sits down behind him. Stiles plops down in the seat behind me.

"I haven't seen you all day." Allison smiles at the back of Scott's head.

Scott's wide eyes look at me for help. "Uh, yeah. I've been, uh, super busy."

Great lie, Scott. That wasn't terrible at all. Allison is going to realise that Scott has been avoiding her. I hope she doesn't pull me into the middle of this.

"When are you going to get your phone fixed? I feel like I'm totally disconnected from you." Allison says and I instantly feel sorry for her.

Why couldn't she like someone else? Why did it have to be my werewolf brother?

"Uh, soon. Real soon." Scott sighs.

Allison glances at me, sadly. "I changed lab partners, by the way." She tries again.

Scott rests his forehead on his hand. "Oh, to who?"

A smile makes it's way onto her face. "To you, dummy."

"To him? I mean, are you sure?" Stiles attempts to help Scott with this.

"Yeah. You've seen his grades. You don't want him pulling you down." I sit sideways in my seat, so I can talk to all of them.

Allison ignores us. "Yeah. This way I have an excuse to bring him home and study. You don't mind, do you?"

I snort while smiling at Stiles. "Right. Study." I make quotation marks with my fingers.

Allison blushes, but keeps her attention on Scott. He needs to be able think quicker on his feet.

"I just- I don't want to bring your grade down." Scott practically begs Stiles and I for help with his eyes.

Allison leans closer to him. "Well, I mean, maybe I can bring your grade up. Come to my place tonight. Eight thirty?"

Scott looks over at me, panicked. How is Scott supposed to get out of this?

"Let's settle down." Finstock unknowingly saves Scott from thinking of a lie. "Let's start with a quick summary of last night's reading. Greenberg, put your hand down. Everybody knows you did the reading. How about, uh- McCall."

"A little more specific, please." I twirl my pen in my hands. I made sure I did the reading last night. Scott, on the other hand, probably didn't do it.

"Scott."

"What?" Scott looks around the classroom confused as everyone stares at him.

"The reading." Finstock leans up against his desk in the front.

"Last night's reading?" Scott questions in an uneasy tone.

Finstock crosses his arms over his chest. "How about..uh..the reading of the Gettysburg Address?" He asks Scott, sarcastically.