Chapter 33

I curl the last piece of my hair before I pin it up in my half up do style. The day of the winter formal has finally arrived and I know I should be excited, but I can't help but feel like something bad is going to happen tonight. The gym will be crowded with dancing teenagers, which would be the perfect place for Peter to snatch Allison away without anyone noticing. Scott plans on sneaking into the dance somehow to make sure everything goes okay.

"You look beautiful." Mom leans up against my bathroom door.

I set the curling iron down on the sink to let it cool down. "Thanks, mom. I'm kind of nervous." I dig through my makeup for the right shade of lipstick.

My dress is a deep blue, metallic dress that comes a few inches above my knees. I'm not a big fan of strapless dress, but I fell in love with this dress when I saw it on the hanger. After I tried this dress on in the store, Stiles' jaw dropped to the floor when I stepped out of the dressing room.

"Don't worry." Mom walks closer and picks up a light red lipstick. "Wear this one."

"Thanks." I pluck the lipstick tube from her fingers. The doorbell rings from downstairs. "Could you get that for me?"

"Sure." Mom kisses my forehead. "Have fun tonight."

I put on my lipstick. "You've seen how I dance. I'm not sure how much fun that will be."

Mom laughs on her way out of my bedroom. I finish the last minute touch ups on my outfit, makeup, and hair. This is as good as it is going to get. I slip my feet into a pair of black heels I bought. I grab my phone on my way out of my bedroom. From the top of the stairs, I can hear my mom and Stiles chatting to each other.

I roll my shoulders back just before I cautiously step down the stairs. This heels are higher than I am used to walking in. I should have bought flats instead of these heels. My mom and Stiles comes into view and I pause halfway down the stairs.

Stiles is dressed in a black suit with a white button up tucked into his black slacks. A black tie is looped around his neck completely his dressed up outfit along with black, shiny shoes. I do love Stiles in his jeans and plaid shirts, but I could definitely get used to seeing him like this.

"There she is." Mom announces my arrival once I continue.

Stiles' eyes nearly bulge out of his head once I hit the last step. "Y-You look- uh- I mean-" Stiles gawks at me.

I back away from him, worried. "Do I look bad?"

"No!" Stiles steps closer. "You just- you look- beautiful."

"Oh." I blush, looking away from him. "Thank you. You look quite handsome." I straighten his collar.

Stiles watches me, intently. "I have something for you." He picks up a small white box from the table near us. "I-I wasn't sure what color to get, but the lady- she said that if your dress was a dark blue then a red rose would be best. A red rose also means-" Stiles slides the corsage on to my wrist. "It means love." His eyes flick to mine. "I love you so much, Ellie."

I reach up with my hand that has the corsage on it and cup his cheek. Thanks to my heels, I don't have to make Stiles lean so far down to kiss me. Mom awkwardly clears her throat. We pull away in an instant. I guess we both forgot she was in the same room.

"Wait, wait! Let me take a few pictures." Mom holds up her phone to take pictures of us. Once she is satisfied, she heads back upstairs. "Have fun at the dance."

"Are you ready?" He slips his hand into mine.

I nod once as Stiles leads me out of my house towards his blue jeep, that appears to have gotten washed since I rode in it yesterday. A certain someone must be trying to impress me. The step from the ground to the jeep is too high for me in this dress. Stiles opens my door for me and waits for me to get in.