Chapter 16

"WHAT THE HELL?!"

Scott's thundering voice jerks me awake and I spaz out on my bed, tangled up in the blanket from last night. I lift my head up only to find Scott glaring murderously at Isaac, who fell asleep on my bed last night. Oh. Isaac never left last night and to Scott this probably looks really bad.

I push the blanket off of my back, struggling to sit up. "Scott, I swear it's not what it looks like!" I nervously glance at Isaac, sitting next to me with wide eyes. Isaac's eyes narrow in on the baseball swung back past Scott's head. Scott really is making this situation ten times worse.

"Really? Because seeing a guy in your bed can really only mean one thing." Scott tightens his grip on the baseball.

"We didn't sleep together." Isaac speaks up, his eyes never leaving the bat.

"Scotty, please just lower the bat." I plead with him.

"Why is he here then?" Scott glares at Isaac, deadly.

"He just needed someone to talk to. You know what it's like to not have anyone to talk to." I slowly climb off of the bed and give Isaac a look to stay on the bed. "I let him in last night and we stayed up all night talking."

Scott's arms lower ever so slightly. "So, nothing is going on between the two of you?"

"No, we're only friends." I reach for the bat, dropping my voice to a low whisper. "Listen to my heart, Scotty. We did not sleep together."

Scott closes his eyes, most likely concentrating on my heartbeat. He sighs in relief after a few seconds and the bat falls to the ground. "Sorry. I-I just thought-"

"Do you have any clothes Isaac could borrow?" I ask Scott.

"Why can't he go ho-"

"Do you have any clothes?" I repeat the question in a more stern voice.

"Yeah. I'll go get them." Scott backs out of my room, giving me a strange look.

Stiles taps his pencil against his desk while he watches me, not even trying to be a little subtle. I bite my lip, willing myself to not look over at him. Every once in a while, he'll run his other hand over his buzz cut. I can tell just by how he acting that what Isaac did this morning really upset him, hopefully, it's because he was jealous. Isaac really didn't do much except he let me ride on his handlebars to school and Stiles did not look pleased at all, especially when Isaac pulled me into a hug before he went to his locker.

"Are you two dating?" Stiles cracks and stops tapping his pencil.

I purse my lips, turning my head to face him. "Why are you jealous?" A sly smirk spreads across my lips.

Stiles' face changes to a light pink. "W-What? No, I-I.." He tries to find the right words to say, but comes up blank. "I just wanted to know if you were happy."

I straighten up in my desk. "Only one thing can make me happy, Stiles." I say over my shoulder before focusing on the front of the class.

Scott smiles from the seat across from me. I guess he understood the hint I was dropping. Sadly, Stiles probably has no clue as to what I'm talking about. If I had enough courage, I would tell Stiles how I really feel about him. I would tell him now except for the fifty-fifty chance that he could reject me and not even think twice about it. I can't handle that.

Stiles stops staring at me and turns his attention to Scott in front of him. "If Derek isn't the Alpha, if he's not the one that bit you, then who did?" He leans closer to Scott.