Chapter 14

Sebastian took a step forward, placing his hands on her shoulders and lowering them to her arms. Calista felt a knot of apprehension forming in her stomach. She knew Calista Dover and Sebastian weren't blood related but that still didn't make this okay. She grimaced as his hands tightened around her upper arms and she turned her head away.

"This isn't right, Sebastian. I don't want to remember this way."

"Too bad." He chuckled before coming closer to her. "Shall we begin now?"

She could feel his hot breath on her cheeks and she made a slight whimpering sound. "Please stop."

"No, I won't let you off the hook this time," Sebastian muttered before slightly shaking her. "Us fighting should bring back your memories. We argued often enough in the past. Why do you keep causing trouble?"

"Wh-what?"

Calista looked back at Sebastian expecting to see a man surrounded in a haze of lust. Instead she saw a man shrouded in fury.

"Do you know how much trouble you're causing? First with that attorney this morning and now with Yvonne Barrette. Are you trying to embarrass me?"

"E-embarrass you?"

Sebastian released her and walked away, unbuttoning the top button on his dress shirt. He ran a hand through his blonde hair and exhaled deeply. "I'm trying my best to be patient with you. If you had your memories back, you'd know that." Sebastian's eyes narrowed as he glanced at her. "Wouldn't you?"

"Uh...yes, of course," Calista answered. She wrapped her arms around herself, rubbing the spot Sebastian had held. "You know I can't remember anything."

"Then I'm going to need you to trust me, Calista."

"Of course I trust you. You're my brother."

A few beats of silence passed before he looked away and nodded. "That's right. I'm your brother."

"I didn't mean to bump into that woman. True, I was distracted but she was rude."

"Enough. Luckily, it didn't turn into a big scene. Hopefully, she'll be too embarrassed to mention this incident to her father."

"Will it be a problem if she does?" Calista asked.

Sebastian sighed. "More like an annoyance."

"I'm sorry."

His eyes raked over Calista whose head was bowed, her hands in front of her. She resembled a child being chastised. Sebastian's face morphed into an expression of confusion as if he didn't know what to do with her.

"I think we should start over," Sebastian said slowly.

"Start over? What do you mean?"

"Before your accident, you and I didn't exactly get along," Sebastian said, making his way to sit on the oversized loveseat in the hotel room.

"Why didn't we get along?"

Sebastian shrugged. "Probably a difference in personalities. You were more of a free spirit who did whatever she wanted while I wasn't. I'm still not."

"You do seem very no-nonsense."

Sebastian gave a shadow of a smile. "Business is everything to me. It's what our family has worked for. With father gone and Pop Pop ill, I'm the only one left to run things."

"That's true," Calista said softly.

Sebastian shook his head. "This is when you should've reminded me that you're here to help."