prologue

Hallie Bradley.
Miami, Florida.
summer '94.

                                •••

as I pushed my small body through the double doors, I felt the blast of cold air that made me feel at home every time I walk into the rink.

I had been playing ice hockey since I was six, and I don't really know what got me into it. I mean, you don't meet six year old little girls who live in the hot city of Miami that want to play hockey very often.

I've met some of my closest friends through the wonderful sport of hockey. one of which is Luis Mendoza. he's been a good friend of mine since I joined the team he was on. he's a complete douche at times, but he's fun to flirt and hang around with.

"Hallie!" Luis snapped me out of my deep thoughts. he came up to me and kissed my cheek. I immediately wipe of his germs. he did  that a lot, and he's been slapped by me a great number of times.

"Glad to see you're feeling better." he said. "it wasn't a big deal. it was just a little cold." I responded, with a bit of an annoyed tone. "that's not what it seemed like at practice the other night. you where whining like a baby." he laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"helllllooooooo my star players!!!" coach Kurt enthusiastically shouted as he came up to Luis and I and ruffled our hair. "hey coach." Luis and I said.

"I have to talk to you two about something serious and very important. come to my office." Luis looked over at me and seemed pretty scared. and to be honest, I was too.

"okay, you two are the best players on my team. but I'm sure I don't need to tell you that. because of this, the both of you have been selected by coach Gordon Bombay of the Ducks to join his team and compete in the Junior Goodwill Games in Los Angeles California."

"WHAT!!??!??" we both yelled.

"Los Angeles!!" I shouted. it's always been my dream to visit there.

"but what about the team coach? you need us." said Luis, sympathetically. "trust me. the players on our team are still the best in the league. no need to fear. coach Kurt has it alllll under controllllll." he said goofily. "Bombay is paying for your plane tickets. he wants you two in LA by Saturday morning."

we walked out of coach's office happier than ever.

"I can't believe it!!!" shouted Luis. he gave me a huge hug.

I was so excited! I would be in the city of my dreams in a few days!

•••

authors note:
hello everyone! the hattrick is a fanfiction that i've put so much thought and effort into, so i hope you guys enjoy it & continue reading it! don't forget to vote and comment!