chapter three

the two of us stepped onto the ice. I've always loved the feeling of touching the the surface when you first step on.

I looked around at the ducks and other players. they were emotionlessly staring him and I.

it was quiet for a moment, as Luis and I made our way to the goal on the side of the rink the other new players were on.

he had to grab onto the goal to stop himself, whereas I simply used my body weight to stop and shave up some ice while I was at it. I giggled a little.

Luis has never been the greatest at stopping.

"hello everyone!" said Mr.Tibbles. "if you didn't already know, I am Don Tibbles and I'm with Hendrix Hockey." he walked back over to were coach Bombay was standing, and started to quietly talk to him.

he pointed at Luis and told him to skate around and 'show coach Bombay what cha got!'

Luis skated forward a bit, then put on his helmet and took off. he started to skate about as fast as he could. he skated backwards,  and threw in some tricks.

as he was showing off, I noticed a duck, and a good looking one too.

he was tall and had dark blonde hair and a cute nose. damn, he was really handsome.

I was brought out of my daydream by the loud crashing noise of Luis running into the wall after attempting to stop. he really needed to work on that.

after a couple of other new players had shown off, it was my turn. "good luck Hallie." said Luis as I skated off. 

I showed them my speed, my backwards skating, and my stopping.

as I was doing a crossover, I stumbled over my skate and fell.

I slid across the ice a bit and stopped right beside the cute tall boy on the ducks. how embarrassing.

"are you alright?" he asked me. he had a really nice voice. "oh, umm yes I'm fine." I said as I started to blush.

"here." he said as he reached his hand towards me to help me up. I gladly accepted his offer and placed my hand in his.

he helped pull me up and then smiled at me. I blushed a little and smiled back, then skated to Luis.

"good job." he said sarcastically. I elbowed him and he nearly fell over. we both laughed.

we had both done pretty well, and so had the others.

we played a quick scrimmage against the Ducks. it was actually quite fun and gave us new players another chance to show our new coach our strengths and abilities.

I was starting to like my team already. and that night, we would be getting in a plane with them, and flying to California for our first game!