chapter twenty three

when I turned the corner, I saw Adam sitting on the bench waiting for me. he was wearing a blue shirt and some nice pants; he looked so cute.

when he first noticed me, his eyes lit up.

"hi." I giggled as I approached him. "wow. you look beautiful." he exclaimed as he looked me up and down. "thank you." I said, blushing.

he stood and held his arm out for me to grab onto. I placed my left hand that no longer wore a wrap around his arm just above his elbow, then we began to walk.

"so I see your wrist healed." he said. "yeah. I can finally get back on the ice." I said with a grin. he smiled over at me.

we walked and talked for several more minutes before making it to the sidewalk just in front of the ice cream shop.

as I went to go open the door, Adam stopped me.

"wait." he said, taking my hand. "let's go here instead." he said with a smile as he cautiously led me across the street.

we stopped in front of this adorable 50s themed diner across the road from the ice cream shop.

"are you sure?" I asked. "of course I am! come on." he grinned as he led me inside.

it was a very vibrant place. it had black and white checkered floors and pink walls; neon signs and antique memorabilia covered them. the green and pink glowing jukebox in the corner was playing some old tunes and really set the tone.

I was so excited.

a hostess led us to a booth beside the juke box. "this place is so cool!" I excitedly said once we sat down. "I'm glad you like it." he said with a smile.

"were you planning this? or was it like a last minute thing?" I asked. "yeah, I planned it. I wanted to surprise you I guess." he said, blushing. "you're too sweet." I giggled as I picked up the menu sitting in front of me.

we played footsie beneath the table while we both searched the menu. a moment later, the waitress came and took our orders. we both chose a cheeseburger with fries and a milkshake.

"I know I already said it, but you look beautiful, Hallie." Adam said, looking into my eyes. "thank you, Adam. you look great too." I blushed. the blue color of his shirt complemented his eyes. he smiled and kicked my foot under the table playfully.

we flirted for a few more minutes before our food came out. when the waitress placed my plate in front of me, my mouth watered. I was starving and wanted to dig in.

Adam and I both took a bite of our burgers. "that's really good." said Adam with his mouth half full. I agreed and giggled at him. he was too cute.

after several minutes of devouring our meals, I decided to bring up Luis in our conversation. I had been meaning to apologize for his jealous and overprotective actions for a while; I felt pretty bad about it.

"hey, I'm sorry about anything and everything Luis has said and done to you, Adam. this whole time he's been a total douche and has gotten really worked up over the simplest things."

"don't worry about it, Hallie. it's not your fault. Luis can be rude and jealous all he wants, it doesn't make a difference. he'd never be able to treat you like I can." he said with a slight smirk across his lips.

he was right.

& I was falling hard.

after talking and dining for a while longer, Adam gladly paid for the both of us and we left.

the sun was setting as we slowly walked hand in hand down the sidewalk on our way back to the dorms.

"that was really nice, Adam. I'm glad you asked me to come this morning. I'm having a great time." I said, grinning. "I am too. I'm happy I got to spend a wonderful evening with such a beautiful girl." he stated as he smiled over at me. my stomach fluttered and I smiled at the ground.

it was such a perfect moment. the sunset, the warmth of his hand, how he made me feel. it was like I was the only girl in the world to Adam; like I was the only person he cared about.

a few minutes later, we were approaching the dorms, where neither one of us wanted to be at the time.

suddenly, Adam stopped walking. he pulled me close to him with his hand that was interlocked in mine, then unexpectedly kissed me.

"I'm not ready to go in just yet." he said after he pulled away.

he led me to the bench I had met him at earlier that evening and we both sat down.

he was eyeing my lips and we both knew there was no time for talking.

our lips met once again. his large hands roamed my body as our lips crashed. he was really good at kissing, he knew what he was doing.

our lips hadn't left each other for a good minute or so before I began to feel a little uneasy. my sixth sense was kicking in; I felt like someone was watching.

I leaned away from Adam and perked my head up, searching for whoever may have been there.

suddenly, Guy popped up from behind a bush near us. we quickly scooted to opposite sides of the bench.

"heyyy what's going on here?" asked Guy with a smirk as he walked towards us.

"what does it look like?" snapped Adam.

"chill. I won't tell nobody!" laughed Guy as he walked inside.

Adam and I both laughed and scooted back beside each other.

he placed a quick kiss on my lips before moving to my neck. that was new.

I giggled a little because it tickled, but I loved it and it was sexy.

as he continued to leave kisses on my neck, the strange feeling returned.

out of the corner of my eye, I saw what looked like a shadow, but I just ignored it.

a soft moan escaped my lips once Adam reached my sweet spot. he was too damn good at this.

and he was right; Luis would never be able to treat me like he could.

suddenly, my perfect night wasn't so perfect anymore.

"what the hell is going on here?" I heard a familiar voice yell.

I knew I was in for a treat.

•••

authors note;
CLIFF HANGER!!!
I'm sOrry guys I haD to!
comment and vote!