chapter seven

the practice rink was right down the road from the dorm building, so I walked back. I thought I was alone, until I could hear footsteps getting closer behind me.

"hey" said a familiar voice. I jumped a bit, I scare easily. I looked up and it was Adam. "oh hi, Adam." I said, shyly. "sorry about earlier." he said. he looked pretty upset. "don't worry about it. I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn't have said anything. Luis can be such a jerk sometimes." I told him. "yeah. are you two a couple?" he asked. "oh gosh no!" I laughed. "we're just really good friends. it's been that way since we were six. why does everyone ask me that?" I asked. "well you two are together a lot, so I just figured." he said. "nope, I'm as single as it gets" I said trying to be funny. he smiled at the ground.

it was silent for a moment. it wasn't an awkward silence, though. it was comfortable.

"has anyone ever told you how pretty you are?" he asked me as he smiled over at me. "well, Luis does sometimes." I giggled. "well, he's right." Adam said.

I didn't realize it, but we were already at the dormitories.

"Hallie!!" hollered a familiar voice. I looked over to the doors and saw Luis. I rolled my eyes. he ran up to me and hugged me so tightly I thought I might've suffocated. "bye Adam! see ya tomorrow." I said smiling back at him and Luis drug me inside. Adam laughed, then slowly followed us in and made his way to his room.

Luis continued to drag me until we made it to my dorm, where nobody was. Julie and Connie must have been out doing something. they weren't there.

"why is he always with you?!" said Luis rudely. "he's my friend Luis! and I am not always with him, I just met the boy for crying out loud! what has gotten into you?!" I said loudly.

Luis' angered face softened. "I'm so sorry Hallie. I just get really jealous when other boys talk to you. I guess you could say I'm a little too overprotective, or maybe jealous. but I want you for myself, Hallie! I'm sorry." he turned red and sat down at the end of my bare mattress that i hadn't put the sheets on yet.

"oh Luis. I love you. I really appreciate you looking out for me." I said. I could feel myself start to choke up as I sat down next to him. "but you do need to ease off a bit." I giggled, holding back my tears.

I blinked, and I teardrop began to roll down my cheek. Luis reached out his hand wiped it. with his thumb still resting on my cheek and his fingers behind my ear, he leaned in.

at the last possible moment before our lips touched, Connie barged in. I quickly backed up and started to blush.

"Hallie..." she said laughing. "are you sure you two aren't a couple?"

•••

authors note:
I hope you all liked this chapter! let me know what you thought 😉