chapter twenty eight

when we reached the back of the alley, Luis opened the back door to the shop that just happened to be unlocked.

he quietly snuck in and I followed, gently closing the door behind me. after sneaking through the back room, we made it inside the store.

it was very pretty inside; it had high ceilings, chandeliers, and fancy clothing. I was really impressed.

Luis quickly snatched a floppy hat off a mannequin and placed it over my head. "keep it on. nobody will notice us 'unattended children.'" he whispered. "alright." I giggled.

I grabbed a different hat off another mannequin and placed it over his head. "there. now we're good." I said.

we searched the store for things to try on just for fun.

I grabbed a few dresses and a pair of high heels, then headed for the dressing room and Luis followed.

he took a seat on the couch outside the dressing room, waiting for me to come out.

I quickly threw on a long floral dress and the heels, then came out of the dressing room.

"how do I look?" I asked Luis as I posed. "fantastic." he laughed. I giggled then headed back inside the room.

next, I put on a short and tight maroon dress. when I walked out, Luis' jaw nearly dropped to the floor. I couldn't help but laugh.

"how about this one?" I smirked. "wow, Hallie. you look gorgeous." he said, biting his lip. I winked at him as I closed the dressing room door.

lastly, I put on a long, white dress that had jewels around the waistline and a touch of lace in the back. it was strapless, flowy, and perfectly fit. it looked just like a wedding dress.

when I opened the door, Luis looked at me the way he once told me I had always looked at him.

'you look at me differently than you look at other people... when you're looking at me, your face, your eyes, they... glow.'

I was brought aback.

he looked at me the way every girl wants and deserves to be looked at by a boy. his eyes lit up and he looked so in love.

"Hallie... I've never seen such a beautiful sight in my life." he said as he looked me up and down. "thank you." I said, quietly.

I walked over and sat behind him on the couch, then gave him a long hug.

he meant so much to me, and seeing the way he looked at me just made me love him more.

after a moment, I pulled away from him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips, then went to go change back into my normal clothes.

a few minutes later, we left the dressing room area and went to look for more clothes.

"wow, look at these." I said, pointing at a pair of sparky high heels. "I'm trying them on." I giggled as I took them off their display.

I grabbed Luis' shoulder for balance with one hand, while the other slipped on the shoe. he held his hands around my sides to keep me balanced; I really didn't mind.

after getting both heels on my feet, I let go of Luis and nearly fell over. the heels must have been at least five or six inches tall, so it was hard to keep my balance.

"cute." Luis chuckled.

when I finally regained my balance, I began to carefully walk in a straight line. my feet wobbled from side to side, and Luis laughed at me as I struggled not to fall.

"you look like a newborn deer trying to walk, Hallie!" he snickered. "shut up! I'd like to see you try." I laughed.

just as I took my next step, I ran into something. I looked up to see a woman with an annoyed expression on her face; she must've been the manager.

she pulled the hat off my head, then raised an eyebrow.

I slowly backed up, trying not to trip. I looked back at Luis who was doing the same, and had taken the hat of of his head, guiltily.

"no unattended children allowed! get out of my store and don't ever come back!" the woman shouted.

Luis and I bolted. and of course, me being me, I totally forgot I was wearing heels and ended up tripping and falling after taking only a few strides.

I kicked off the heels, then got up and continued running. I ran between racks, mannequins, and displays, following Luis.

once we made it outside, the door slammed behind us. we caught our breath for a moment, then broke into laughter.

"that was great!" laughed Luis as he tried to catch his breath. "thanks for helping me up." I giggled, sarcastically. "I knew you'd fall! but I was out of there." he laughed. I giggled and rolled my eyes.

he snickered and took my hand once again, then led me down the busy Beverly Hills sidewalk.

the rest of our afternoon was spent walking around and exploring Beverly Hills. I enjoyed every moment of it.

"I had a lot of fun with you, Hallie." said Luis as we approached the dorm building. "not as much fun as I had." I grinned. "I doubt it." said Luis as he looked over at me and smiled.

"thank you for taking me." I said. "my pleasure." he said, smiling.

I suddenly stopped him from walking and planted my lips on his. I couldn't resist; he was too sweet.

Luis placed his hands on my lower back and pulled my body closer to his as we kissed.

after a few more seconds, I pulled away, then smiled up at him. "my pleasure." I said with a smirk.

"now let's go, we have a very important practice to go to." I said as I took his hand and we walked the remaining distance to the dormitories.