chapter five

Los Angeles, California

•••

I woke up to the sound of laughter coming from the other aisle. Goldberg was telling jokes to some of the ducks.

I realized I was hot and looked down only to see Luis' black jacket over my lap. maybe he thought I was cold or something.

"good morning beautiful." said Luis quietly with a smirk. "is it morning?! how long was I asleep?!" I asked, concerned. "yeah it's morning. but we're landing soon. you'd better go wash your face with some cold water or something to help wake you up some." he suggested. "yeah good idea."

I walked towards the restroom, half asleep. suddenly I felt myself run into something.

"hey, watch it." I said, grumpily. "oh I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention. but you sure are clumsy aren't you?" he laughed. the voice sounded familiar. I looked up only to see Adam. he was so gorgeous.

"oh my goodness I am so sorry. I'm half awake and very grumpy." I giggled. "don't sweat it. so am I." he said. he smiled back at me as he walked to his seat.

I rinsed my hands and face in the decent bathroom in the private plane, then headed back to my seat just as we started to land.

"exciting, eh?" said Julie. she startled me. I didn't think she was awake. "yeah I'm so eager to get out there and play. aren't you?!" I said, excited. "yes! I came here to show my friends and family back in Maine my abilities. I want to make them proud." she smiled. "I'm sure you will." I replied with a grin.

a while later, we arrived at our dorms in Los Angeles. there was only five rooms. each of them had bunk beds, some dressers, closets, and mini fridges. the rooms were pretty nice and decent sized too.

the only girls on the team, Julie, Connie, and I had a dorm room, and the boys got to pick who they wanted their roommates to be.

it was pretty cool that I got to be living with my own team and I met them only yesterday.

•••

authors note:
hey everyone! I know my story is quite short and boring right now, but I promise it gets better. by the way, I've never been in a plane in my life so I'm not sure if they have nice bathrooms where you can wash your face and stuff. lmao 😂