chapter twenty one

two days passed since the Iceland game. I hadn't done much since, just hung out with Julie and Connie when I wasn't going to class or practice, though I just sat in the stands and watched when I went.

but let me tell you, practice was absolute hell for my poor teammates. coach Bombay turned into "captain blood" and wouldn't take shit from anybody.

I just hoped that after the next game his attitude would change. I hoped for my wrist to heal by then too.

I was recovering, and the wrap was definitely helping my wrist heal, but I still had another day or two before the pain would be gone.

we had a game against Germany that evening. I wanted to play so bad, I was so eager to get back on the ice, but the pain wasn't gone.

if I had it my way, I'd be back on the ice already. but I couldn't risk making my injury any worse.

the game started in about an hour and I was bored, so I decided to watch some tv. the rest of team USA were outside or hanging around in their dorms, so there wasn't much else to do.

before heading to the lounge room, I went to the kitchen and made myself a bowl of vanilla ice cream.

when I sat down on the couch & turned on the television, it was on Friends. I always loved that show.

as I was sitting in front of the tv, devouring my ice cream, Adam snuck up on me.

"boo!" he yelled from behind the couch.

I screamed and nearly spilled my ice cream everywhere. I placed the bowl on the table.

"Adam!" I squealed as I put my hand over my chest.

he walked around the side of the couch and sat down beside me. we laughed for a moment.

"that was hilarious!" he giggled. I playfully kicked the side of his thigh with one of my legs that was propped up beside me on the couch.

"so Hallie, how's your wrist?" he asked me as he grasped it gently, making my stomach flutter.

"better. I should be cleared to play by tomorrow night, and I won't have to wear this stupid wrap anymore." I said. "I'm glad to hear that." he smiled as he gently placed my wrist back down. I already missed the warmth of his hand.

"you played really well the other night, I'm impressed." I said as I smiled over at him.

"oh really?" he smirked as he scooted closer to me.

oh my gOd he was too hot.

"yeah." I giggled as I tried not to pounce on him and drown him in kisses.

"come here." he said, flirtatiously.

I scooted closer him on the couch and kissed his cheek before cuddling beside him. he was sitting up and had his arm on my side where I was cuddled next to him.

his warmth made me feel at home; it was so comforting.

he smiled down at me and I smiled up at him.

we sat there next to each other for a while, until the perfect moment ended when Charlie barged into the room.

"hey guys we have to leave in five min- hEyyy what's going on in here?!" Charlie asked as he wiggled his eyebrows and smirked at Adam and I who had quickly scooted away from each other.

"nothing!!" we both shouted.

"oh yeah, sure! are you two like a thing now or something?" he asked, smirking.