chapter two

we arrived to the rink about a half hour later. we both grabbed our luggage and went inside.

Mr.Tibbles met us inside and greeted us. "it's really nice to finally meet you two in person. I've heard lots of great things about you guys." he said.

Luis and I smiled at each other then looked back at him.

"okay. I need you two dressed and ready in ten. the locker room is right down that hallway there. see you guys in a few!" he said and then walked through the doors to the rink.

through the glass, I could see the ducks and some other players wearing different jerseys out on the ice, skating around and socializing. I knew they were waiting for us.

my observations were interrupted by Luis grabbing me by the hand and pulling me down the hallway.

"locker room?" I asked as we searched for it. "yes..?" said Luis, confused.

"that's singular. does that mean the boys and girls have to share one?" I asked.

"I guess so!" said Luis with a smirk. I sighed.

we finally found the locker room and went in.

as I put my gear on, I couldn't help but feel like Luis was watching from the other side of the room.

I looked over at him every few seconds to check, but he seemed to just be minding his own business as he got ready.

as I was tying my skates, he came up to me.

"you're too slow Hallie!" he said as he knelt down in front of me and did the tying for me. he was done in a matter of seconds and I quickly hopped up and followed him out to the rink.

I thought it was kinda cute how he helped me tie my laces, and how we were wearing matching Miami jerseys, and how he tried to kiss me earlier.

oh goodness, it was time to focus now. it was time to show my new coach how talented I was.

•••

authors note:
hope you liked this chapter!! let me know what you think. ;)