| Chapter Three |

"What?! What do you mean you're not going?!" Nicole exclaimed over the phone making my ear drum cringe

I sighed, while sipping my tea on Grants couch. It was early, and I was trying to keep my voice down before Grant woke up hearing our conversation. "You heard me, I talked to Grant yesterday and he told me some guy is gonna go berserk in the fight, its going to get disgusting and bloody and there's no way I'm witnessing the guy practically murdering someone. No way." I shook my head firmly.

She grunted over the other line "That bastard! He ruins everything! I hate him even more now." she grumbled and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"He's not so fond of you either." I chuckled with a smile.

I heard her key out a sarcastic laugh, "Oh I could care less, I can't wait for the day I can say bye-bye to him once he's out of your life and your pants, for good."

I slightly frowned at that, placing my steaming mug down on the table.

"Sorry, I'm doing it again, aren't I?" she said sheepishly.

I nodded but remembered she couldn't see me, "Kinda." I mutter, tracing over the patterns on the mug.

She sighed, "Shit, sorry — pretend I didn't say that and lets get back to me freaking out." He corners of my lips tilt up at that, "Daph, the only reason he said that was to scare you so you don't go with me." she argued.

I shook my head, "No — I — I didn't tell him I was going. I mean — I told him I was going out with you but I didn't tell him where. I didn't get the chance, he was the one who brought it up to me because he was frazzled about this guy. Grant, Frazzled about someone; hello! Red flag!" I said in an obvious tone.

"Oh come on Daph, are you seriously contemplating on going because Mr. 'I'm so tough — I'm not scared of shit except for romantic human emotions' is actually afraid someone could beat him at his own game?" she teased, "He's not invincible, I think you forget that alot, but so does he; I think you have been around him too much." she joked.