| Chapter Eighteen | x

I woke up to an empty bed this morning, which wasn't much of a surprise

I yawned with a small stretch, sitting up. I checked the time on Grants digital clock. 8:43 am. What did he have to do so early on a Sunday morning? Especially after yesterdays fight -- to which I will avoid speaking of to him. He was probably in a horrible mood as it is.

I shuffled myself out of bed, sliding on one of his shirts laid on the ground. I felt a small chill throughout the room as my feet came outside his room on the black marble floor.

I made my way to his second living room, the first one was right outside his bedroom and the second was a bigger one connected to his gym. I pattered down the white steps to his staircase, to find him lifting weights watching TV.

I sighed in frustration, shaking my head at him. I walked down the rest making my way to him, "Grant? What are you doing?" I asked while he glanced up at me, trying to hide he was struggling.

"What the hell does it look like? I'm working out." he snapped, turning his attention back to the television.

I rested my hands on my hips, giving him a look. "The doctor said you should be taking it easy, benching.." I leaned over, checked to see how much, "250 is not taking it easy, you need to rest." I sighed walking closer to him in hopes of getting him back to bed.

He scowled, "What are you my mother? Fuck off will you, Daphne?" he huffed bringing the weight up again before wincing to himself.

I stopped in my tracks, hurt at his words. I frowned. "I'm--I'm just trying to help you--"

"Well don't." he snarled, "Besides, you never told me to take it easy on you last night now did you?" he chuckled bitterly while my face flushed.

I looked at him in disbelief, "You are such an ass." I snap, turning around and storming up the steps to get away from him and his negative aura. He was in a worse mood then the usual Moody Grant, and honestly I didn't wanna stick around to take the heat of it. I don't deserve that.

"And take off my shirt!" I heard him shout after me, as I slammed the door to his room slumping against it, leaning my head back with my eyes closed.