| Chapter Thirty Three |

Disappointment was the first look I saw on Nicoles face after I finally confessed to her whats been going on these past weeks

Disappointment was the first look I saw on Nicoles face after I finally confessed to her whats been going on these past weeks. You would think she would be angry, angry at me, angry at Grant, Niall, just about everyone. But she was sad. Which wasn't an expression I was used to seeing on Nicole.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked, saddened disbelief whirling around her blue irs's. Guilt pooled in my gut.

I was sitting beside her on the couch with my arms wrapped around my legs, my chin tucked on my knees. I felt small, smaller than i've felt in a long time. She was staring at me intently waiting for an answer, which I was hesitating on saying, furthering her frown. But, it was time to come clean. I had to tell someone about this before this all blew up in my face, I needed guidance, someone to help me figure out what to do.

"I didn't know how," I uttered, "I — I was afraid you know? I was afraid that you'd look at me differently, or think I was someone I wasn't." I mumbled, my eyes casting down to my knees again. "and, I knew once I told you, I would hear everything that I tried to avoid, tried to — ignore."

"Daph," She placed her hand on my arm that was rested around my legs, her eyes were sincerely staring at me,"I would never judge you over this, okay? You should know that. You could become some hooker, and I would still be your friend — in fact, i'd ask for a lap dance every night." she joked half heartidly and I let out a huff of small laughter, "Even if you killed someone, came to my apartment covered in blood — I wouldn't sell you out, i'd clean you up and we'd hide the body and move to Mexico with the names Quentisha and Lurinita." she smiled and I laugh again under my breath, rubbing at my eyes that wanted to fill all over again.

Her smile lightly faltered, and it faded back to its serious atmosphere. "I'm your best friend, Daph. You can tell me anything. That's why I'm here, to help you, to be here for you. You don't need to hide things away from me because you're afraid. The only thing you should be afraid of is what we're going to do with Grants body after I dismember him piece by piece." she emphasized. The funny part about it was she was probably serious.

I forced a worn smile, finally letting go of my arms to wrap around Nicole. I shut my eyes in contentment, smiling to myself, "You're the best friend I could ever ask for." I murmured to her, "Thank you."