| Chapter Sixteen | x

"

"..3..2..1.. Down!" The reff yelled after hitting the floor as a fighter came to a victory, he got up putting his fists in the air as the crowd cheered.

I clapped respectfully, while the other bloodied opponent stormed out of the ring, or more like limped.

Nicole cheered, calling the losing opponent names, making me fondly roll my eyes at her. She really does get too into these things, she rather enjoys violence for some reason. Never phased by any of it. 

I sighed as I sat back down, while the announcer brought out two more fighters who I still didn't know of, just like the last 15 rounds.

I felt anxious. I knew that Grant would be facing Niall soon, something I have been dreading for days. Their faces popped up on the big screen signaling they would be next, beside their faces were there ranks, and age. Grant Terino, 24, 98 pin downs, 65 tap outs, 55 KO's.

I could hear girls swooning over both of them, I was afraid to look at Nialls so I avoided it but stupid Nicole just had to say it out loud.

"104 knock outs?" she exclaimed, "That guy has to be on mad steroids, holy shit!" with her mouth hung open.

I sighed as I finally read his ranks. Niall Horan, 23, 99 pin downs, 100 tap outs, 104 KO's. I felt the hair on my arms stick up after reading it. Scenarios of Grant being beat until Niall gets ripped off of him play in my brain, all ending with Grant in some kind of coma.

I started to chew my thumb nail, feeling sick to my stomach. 'Stay calm, stay calm' I told myself, trying to take deep breaths.

Nicole placed her hand on my shoulder, squeezing it reassuringly. "Don't worry Daph, this isn't C-4, there are actual rules to follow so he can't hurt Grant that bad." she soothed, but that didn't make me feel any better. Grant would still be injured in the end, and honestly its not just Grant I'm worried about.

I didn't want to see Niall and his blonde fading hair, his sapphire blue piercing eyes or his pink soft lips, I just don't want to see him. Ever. I came here for Grant — yet I feel like I'm here for Niall too. I wish I could have just blew Grant off and didn't come, but I couldn't. Even though Grant was an absolute dick to me earlier, that doesn't change how worried I am for him. That's what happens when you care about someone; so words of advice, don't care about someone whose as much of an asshole as Grant. Trust me there's no way out.