Chapter 15

Rosie yawned and opened her eyes, smiling happily. She quickly looked outside and saw the flakes of snow landing on the fresh blanket.

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!" she yelled and jumped on the pile of sheets that was her roommate.

"It's too early..." Severus grumbled and pushed her off him, pulling the blankets up over his head.

Rosie pounced back on him, jumping up and down on his back. "GET UP!"

"ROSIE, GET OFF OF ME!"he yelled in pain.

Rosie climbed down and smirked as Serverus got up and out of bed, his eyes covered by tangled locks of greasy hair. She quickly threw some socks on her feet before pacing by the door.

"Just go ahead and go to the common room." Severus said as he dragged himself into the bathroom.

"I'm going to wait for you!" she paced quicker, getting impatient.

After what felt like hours for Rosie, Severus finally walked out of the bathroom, dressed in his everyday garb. Rosie looked at him quizzically.

"You aren't wearing your PJ's to open presents?" she questioned.

"I never get any. I'm simply there to supervise and make sure the students didn't try to sneak in things that aren't allowed." he walked out the door, going to short distance to the Slytherin common room.

"Someone's going to be surprised..." Rosie whispered to herself as she followed.

As they walked in, the few students that had stayed over the holiday were already there in the room. Rosie smiled and walked towards the presents.

"Let's get started children!" she yelled and started handing out presents.

After a few hours of watching the students open their presents, there was still a bountiful amount of gifts under the tree. Rosie looked and most were to her, then there was one for Severus, what was left after that was for students still sleeping.

"I got a gift?" Severus looked at the box confused as some of the students stopped what they were doing and looked in shock.

He slowly undid the small bow on top and suddenly, pie was flung in his face. The students erupted into laughter and went back to what they were doing. Severus grumbled and dropped the box.

"Should've known it was fake." he muttered and quickly left.

Rosie picked up the box and frowned. "This is not my wrapping but if this isn't my doing then whose is it and where did my gift to Severus go?..."

Rosie looked on the tag and finally found it. Glaring harshly, she dropped the box and marched up the steps as the students followed to see who was getting pummled.

"DRACO MALFOY!" she yelled, throwing the boy's dormitory door open.

She marched down the hallway until she found the door with his last name on it, sandwiched between others. Slamming said door open, she turned on the lanterns in the room with a wave of her wand. Rosie marched towards the sleeping blonde and dragged him off the bed.

"Wha! Miss Riddle?! What are you doing?!" Draco scurried and squirmed as she dragged him down the steps into the common room.

"How dare you do that to your potions professsor!" she threw him on the couch. "I'm half-tempted to call my brother and see if he's alive just so he can come here and torture your little as-"

"MISS RIDDLE!" Severus appeared from the doorway, cutting Rosie off. "Our room. Now."

"But, Severus-"

"Now!" he demanded.

She huffed as he walked out of the room and stuck her tounge out at his retreating figure. The students laughed slightly, but quieted as she gathered her gifts and whispered as small thank you to them before going back to her room. Upon entering, she set her gifts down and looked at Severus who held a small box.

"Is this another prank?" he growled.

"No. And just for the record, that other gift was from Draco Malfoy. Little prat." she looked back at the door.

Severus sighed and opened the small box. Rosie looked as he pulled out small silver pins shaped in the letter 'S'. He looked in shock at the little pins, a small smile on his face.

"You bought these? For me?" he muttered, still looking at them.

"I thought you might like them..." she smiled and stepped closer.

"I do, I mean they just... They had to have cost a small fortune. You didn't have to buy me anything." he gently clipped them onto the collar of his shirt.

Rosie smiled and leaned close, fixing them slightly. "There. That's better."

Severus smiled before reaching under his bed and pulling out a box. He looked at it before offering it to her.

"You got me a present, Severus?" she looked in shock, taking the long box.

"Well, I'm not heartless." he chuckled slightly.

"That can be argued against." she smiled and sat down, opening it.

Inside the box, all that was visible was black cloth. She quickly pulled it out and looked at the cloak that was identical to Severus's, only smaller. A light clatter noise brought her attention to the ground where a small necklace had fallen. Bending down, she picked it up and looked at the swirling green gem that was surrounded by diamonds.

"And you said I spent a small fortune on you." she looked at the gem, smiling.

"Do you want me to put it on you?" he questioned.

Rosie nodded and handed him the chain. Severus gently moved her hair out of the way and clasped it on her. She smiled and looked at him, putting her hair back in its previous place. Rosie quickly put on her cloak and looked at him.

"Well, how do I look?" she smiled shyly.

"You look perfect." he smiled, looking her over.

"Sev, I'm talking about the necklace placement and my new cloak." she glared slightly as his eyes snapped up to her face.

Severus smiled sheepishly before suddenly frowning. Rosie looked behind her to see if anything was approaching and upon seeing nothing, she looked back at Severus.

"What's wrong, Sev?" she frowned, seeing him troubled.

Severus quickly rushed out of the room, cape bellowing around him as he slammed the door behind him. Rosie sat down defeatedly, looking at her new cloak. She grabbed it, then went to the closet and looked at Severus's spare cloaks. Comparing the two, she took his from the pile then folded hers the exact same way and set her cloak in place of his cloak. Rosie walked out of the closet, wraping Severus's cloak around her, the size of it engulfing her.

"Lonely Christmas again..." she sighed and ignored her other presents, clutching the cloak around her, and falling asleep.