Chapter 21

Rosie woke in the hospital wing, in pain and feeling disorentated. Looking around as her eyes ajusted to the light, she felt something in her hand. She looked and saw a larger hand encasing her's. Following the limb, she looked right beside her where Severus was laying, bags under his sleeping eyes, worry written on his sleeping face.

Rosie smiled slightly and used her other hand to weakly cover his and scoot closer to him. This movement woke the potions professor up, and he looked at Rosie.

"Rosie? You're alright?" Severus's voice was cracking, like he had been crying for a long time.

"No. I wake up and the first thing I see is your ugly face." she smiled. "That's enough to knock me unconscious again."

Severus smiled slightly and sighed, worry fading off his face.

"You're perfectly fine." he croaked.

"Just shut up and kiss me." Rosie leaned towards him.

Surprise covered her face as Severus met her halfway and gently kissed her, his rough lips gently touching her soft ones. The two broke apart and gently put their foreheads together.

"I love you." he whispered.

"I love you too." Rosie muttered, kissing his nose.

Loud voices seemingly came from the ceiling and all around Rosie. She broke away from Severus and looked around confusedly.

"What's going on?" Rosie looked at Severus.

"Rosie wake up!" his voice called out to her as her bed seemed to roll away with Rosie on it, pulling the two further apart.

Soon, all that was left was white light and a ringing noise. Rosie looked around in confusion before closing her eyes and opening them.

The scenery was now the room in which she fought against Quirrel, but the professor was no where in sight. There was a dust pile by her side, a the worried face of Dumbledore, Mcgonagall, and Severus looking down at her.

"I think she's awake. Her eyes are open." Severus muttered, his eyes slightly watery.

"Her eyes have been open since that Harry Potter led us down here. He also said he heard spells being cast." Mcgonagall retorted.

"You don't think..." Severus trailed of and began to feel for a pulse on Rosie. "I can't find anything!" Severus muttered in anger and sorrow.

"She's alive, Severus. Just give her some space." Dumbledore pushed both professors back and looked at Rosie.

"You can stop playing pretend. I know you woke up a couple seconds ago." Dumbledore smiled slightly at the girl as she groaned and blinked.

"I was about to scare my rooooomate." Rosie moaned in pain as she sat up, slowly.

The duo sighed in relief as Dumbledore helped her stand. Rosie carefully took some steps towards Severus and fell into him. The potions professor quickly caught her and looked at her.

"Boo?" Rosie smiled up at him, not bothering to fix her stance.

"Your utter nonsense amuses me, Miss Riddle." Severus smiled lightly and pulled her up so she could stand correctly.

"Utter nonsense? I call it a sense of humor. Something you don't have." Rosie accused and pointed her finger at him.

Severus sighed and looked at Professor Mcgonagall and Dumbledore.

"I believe she is going to live." Dumbledore smiled and watched the two.

"Let us go destroy the stone, Headmaster. It's caused too much trouble." Mcgonagall left, with Dumbledore on her tail.

Once the two were gone, Rosie leaned her back against Severus. Severus looked down at her before sighing and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Severus?" Rosie questioned.

"Hm?" he muttered and closed his eyes, enjoying the moment.

"What do you see in that mirror?" Rosie pointed at the Mirror of Erised that was still in the center of the room.

Severus looked to the mirror and watched as simply his refection of what they were currently doing showed.

"I see our reflection. Why wouldn't I?" Severus watched as their reflection seemingly moved on its own to show Rosie leaning her head back and kissing his chin.

Rosie blushed after kissing his chin and snuggled more into Severus.

"No reason. I see our reflection too." Rosie sighed with relief.

The two stayed silent for a moment before looking around.

"Rosie. What happened down here?" Severus questioned.

"Well I was hiding down here after that event upstairs, when Harry appeared and then out of no where, Professor Quirrel showed, and from there its a long story..." Rosie thought to herself for a moment.

"If I have your permisson, may I just look and see what happened?" Severus asked, kissing the top of her head.

"I guess. Just please don't make it hurt like last time." Rosie sighed and sat down on the stairsteps.

Severus nodded and sat beside her before carefully using Legitimacy. He watched the story unfold, keeping his eye on Rosie.

"That can be arranged. Avada Kedvra!" Quirrel launched the spell at Rosie.

The green light seemed to slow as it approached Rosie in Severus's head. Even though he knew he couldn't do anything, he ran to shove Rosie out of the way. His hand passed through her as he turned, he saw the spell hit her and she imediatly dropped, a dull thud to his ears.

Severus pulled out of her head and grabbed Rosie tightly in a hug. Rosie, shocked, took a second to hug back.

"You're alive... You're okay...." Severus began muttering incoherent things.

"Severus... You're... Crushing... Me!" Rosie managed to squeak out.

The potions professor quickly let go of her and stood. Rosie stood next to him and smiled slightly.

"Let's go to our room..." Rosie yawned.

"Fine." Severus led the way back through the challenges of the Sorcerer's Stone tunnel with one question on his mind. 'How did she survive?'