Chapter 20

Severus never truly found Rosie that day, it would seem a young boy who broke into a certain room caused a bit of a distraction. Rosie Riddle hid in said room the day Harry Potter and his friends decided to climb through.

"Hello?" Harry's quiet voice could be heard as the young wizard crept through the seemingly empty room.

"Harry, what are you doing here?" Roise came out of her hiding place and looked at him.

"I could ask you the same question, Miss Riddle." Harry looked at Rosie in a suspicious way.

"I'm trying to hide from the world. Both muggle and wizarding. I don't really know who I am anymore." the woman looked as the glint of the mirror in the center of the room caught her eye.

"The Mirror of Erised." Harry approached it slowly.

"Harry. Stop." Rosie grabbed Harry and pulled him back as a spell hit the column behind where Harry just was.

"Thank you, Miss Riddle." Harry looked in fear as a figure appeared from the corner of the room.

"Professor Quirrel?" Rosie looked in shock as the man stepped into the light.

"That's right. No one would have ever suspect p-poor s-studdering Quirrel!" Professor Quirrel laughed. "Except your stupid boyfriend."

"I don't have a boyfriend." Rosie reached for her wand in her back pocket.

"Don't even try it, woman." Quirrel cast the dissarming spell and caught Rosie's wand out of mid-air.

Harry quickly tried to go towards the professor, but was shoved behind Rosie. As Quirrel began to seemingly talk to himself, Rosie looked at Harry.

"I need you to run. Get out of here before anything happens to you. Go get help." Rosie ordered.

Harry nodded and ran out the door. Rosie turned back to Quirrel who was taking off his turban.

"Put that thing back on, you look better with it on." Rosie tried to make smart remarks.

"Oh but then you couldn't see me." a raspy voice came from the back of Quirrel's head.

Rosie gasped and backed away, tripping over some stairs. The two that were fused together laughed before Quirrel watched her and Voldemort, who was the face on the back of Quirrel's head, began speaking to the mirror. Rosie looked at her fallen form in the mirror and watched as her mirror self moved on its own to show something in her pocket. Rosie reached down and felt the form of a smoothish rock.

"She has the stone, my lord!" Quirrel shouted.

"Then take it from her." Voldemort wheezed.

Quirrel began to approach Rosie, taking out his wand. The man started to approach her as she scrammbled backwards to escape.

"There's no where to run." Quirrel cast a spell behind her, causing Rosie to stop.

"You're not getting this stone. You'll have to pry it from my cold dead heads." Rosie spat at the professor.

"That can be arranged. Avada Kendavra!" Rosie looked in fear as the green light approached her and everything went black.