My Village

Ramachandrapuram is a typical south Indian village located in Nellore dist. Andhra Pradesh. Almost an 8hour journey from Hyderabad : the place where I live. The village outskirts are all surrounded by prawn and lobster ponds and Indian palm trees. The entire village is covered in lush green fields, while the houses are not so densely packed.
The village usually is bisected by a small river- maldevi, nobody lives on the other side of the river, it has been told that there is a legend about the place beyond the river that it is doomed, even now not a single soul dares to cross the river after sunset.
While the populated side of the river is always lively, fascinating, scenic beauty!
At the centre of the village lies a very old, time honoured temple of kodandarama swamy. People here are ritualistic, traditional, they live together like a family, unlike the selfish souls we usually see in cities.
At the banks of maldevi exists a time-old woman's street food centre. It is a shack built of raw bricks bound with red mud and densely packed palm and coconut leaves bound as a roof. Under which
Sundaramma makes most delicious sweetmeats, dosas, appams, one can never get bored of the food here.

Pampered by the soothing nature..
Having the unhygienic yet delicious food...
Watching sunsets at maldevi...
How I wish I can stay here the entire year.!