Unveiling the clues

Early in the morning 5:00 a.m

Rishi woke me up early in the morning," campfire! campfire! come fast " he pointed towards the window.

I walked to the window to see Madhu and other kids having fun with the campfire in the backyard. I was excited to see them relishing but the pain from losing her, compensated, for a moment I wished the time flew in reverse.

I looked intently at the toy pot on the table, I quickly held it and put it gently into the sweatshirt pocket and ran to the backyard to have fun.

Madhu :  " where did the tide take you? "

" I'm not sure if it is a clue, it took to a place for no purpose.." I said putting both the hands into sweatshirt pockets.

Madhu : " There must be something!...what is that you are holding in your pocket?"

I took the toy mud-pot out.

*Fire aggravated*

All of a sudden the fire blew heavily as if someone has poured flammable liquid over it. I put the pot back into the pocket.

*Fire calmed*

Everyone looked at each other, not knowing what has happened. I rushed towards children to see if they were alright. The pot accidentally fell from the pocket.

*Fire aggravated*

I put it back in...

*Fire calmed*

Madhu : "There you go, the spirit's talking"

I didn't believe it! I took the pot out thrice to see if it really is the spirit talking. I was then convinced that the tide was a clue, and so is the fire...

Madhu : " Now, what? what is she trying to tell.."

"I know she is warning me something about the pot........i know what to do..." Saying that I walked to the bicycle, chained it well and pedalled to potter's daughter.

.

.

*trrring trrring* I rang the cycle bell outside her house.

"who is that...?" She walked outside.

"I'm not sure if you still remember me, but...." I mumbled.

"I remember you, anish! , I think you know about siri already, it has been a tough time.."

*Silence for a moment*

"Why didn't you reply to her letters?" She questioned breaking the silence.

"letters? what? I didn't receive any!"

"Not 1 but 3! she waited and waited for you to respond to them..."

I then completely believed that whatever has taken place, however, nature has behaved is precisely her.

"Okay! tell me this...where do I find the undelivered letters?" I curiously asked her.

" 4 miles from here, in the neighbour town post office. the postmaster sometimes expects money for the undelivered letters "

" Please do me a favour, I'll go fetch the letters, you please go to her home and check her wardrobe, jewellery, I hope her stepmother knows you well, don't ask me why but I badly need you to do this"

" I know her jewellery box, I'll do that...I'll meet you at maldevi  in the evening"

While I pedalled towards the post office, millions of thoughts roved my mind. I calculated all possible ways that the spirit girl is trying to convey. I finally reached the post office paid twenty-four rupees to get access to undelivered letters, I managed to find 3 letters which were written to me with no proper stamps.

What was written in the letter has completely blown my mind, I panicked, I was frightened, but the name intelligible from the letters was "R.K Rice mills". I found r.k rice mills with the help of local villagers and got to know a very important clue from the workers. A feeling of discomfort has left me immovable, with the clues I gained I pedalled back to the river bank.

Madhu : " what happened now! what did you find?"

I told the entire story except I didn't tell what has happened at the rice mill.

Madhu :  " It is too tough to gain a clue isn't it?"

Meanwhile, potter's daughter came panting....

" The jewellery box has everything except her two silver anklets, one gold chain....her stepmother were still weeping from agony"

"Now it is clear, I only have to get another clue, Madhu, you go home and tell everyone that tonight I'm not coming home. Tell them that I will be serving the temple in the name of god.

Madhu : " Where are you going? what has happened at the rice mill? what is in the letter?"

"To the other side of the river, alone, I'll tell you everything! just wait"

Saying that I walked to the other side as the last bit of sun was still peeking above the horizon.