Should I love or should I run?

The clock ticked 7:45....

I gathered all the courage I can and started off towards the river. The wind is very unusual, strong, the sound of the wind aggravated as I moved closer and closer to the bank of the river under the full moon light.

I reached the bridge, now, all I need is a little more courage to cross the river. Only then I realised the "rose flower philosophy" you must undergo the thorns to witness the sweetest blossom.

My hand trembled in fear as I placed it on the fragile wooden railing of the bridge. Nothing any precise nearby, the only light that could be seen is the one on the top of the temple somewhere far away. Neither a soul in sight..nor any light.

I stepped forward very cautiously, I believe she is there already.

"Stop theyyyyyyyyyy're!" came a voice from extreme silence. I ignored.

"Stop right naaaaaaaaaaaaw!"... I turned back.

I observed someone is walking with a stick in their hand, towards me. I realised that she is none other than the old soul of the village, sundaramma.

"What are you doing here? at this time? son, it isn't safe at all, go back!" 

"Bb.....but"  I stuttered   " I'm going to meet her and come back soon, she must be there already, she asked me to come" 

"she? who is she?"

"The girl whom I use to meet everyday, I think you know that already....Siri" I know that she had observed us meeting quite a few times near the banyan tree.

"That girl siri asked you to come here?. Son, aren't you kidding? because the entire village knows that she is dead "

"What are you blabbering!! I saw her! I met her! she asked me to come here.." I panicked.

*Heart pounding*

"Full moon evil, full moon evil!"

"evil?" I'm still in panic.

"yes son, when any being is not  a"LIVE", spell it backwards..."EVIL" they become.

"Sundaramma! please be precise about this, when did she die...what happened? if all this is true how did I see her in the afternoon?" 

"Well, three months ago she crossed the river after sunset and what happened next is what the entire village knows. If only she appeared to you...It is her spirit..It is trying to tell something important, which remained untold..."

I'm really so confused now! my heart is pounding and I'm now in immense sorrow. I'm also afraid of the fact that I talked to a spirit.

" What was she trying to tell...?"   I asked with a lump in my throat, I almost started crying.

"Now that you know that she is dead already...the spirit will no more appear to you, son."

"how can I know? what is she telling?"

"The only way a spirit can talk to you(hint you) is through the five elements of earth   (Air,water,wind,fire, sky). You better leave the place now" saying this she walked into the gloom.

I fell on my knees and wept so loud! I can't control myself. I can't handle a feeling which is a combination of fear and sorrow. Why did this happen? I questioned a few thousand times.

The leaves rustled as the wind blew into the bridge, now is this a hint ? is she asking me to come in? should I confront this? should I run away for life!  

"Should I love? or should I run?"