The Retrospection-I

"I wonder now...I wonder how did our

Story crumple and wither...

I wonder here, I wonder where they are

The days we had, the songs we sang together..."

*Next morning*

" Now that today is the final day of celebration, I would want to thank each and every villager who has delightfully taken part in making the festival a grand success. Let us end the fest as eminent as we do every year, in the name of lord" Spoke Rajendran while giving the farewell festive speech

"Who is this person? " I asked Madhu.

Madhu : " Rajendran? He is the village panchayat president, he looks after all the village aspects, details apart... I'm eager to know what you did last night, I'm eager to know what's in the letter...."

"Just wait, I will tell everything, not to you alone but to the entire village..."

I walked swiftly towards the podium to talk to Mr. Rajendran.

"Mr. Rajendran! ....sir!....uhmm...I need to say something" I yelled , at once the entire crowd hushed.

*Silence everywhere*

"I need to talk about siri..."

Rajendran : "That fair looking girl?..lets not talk any more about it..she infringed the village rules, she infringed us! and so were the after effects, this ain't no context to speak sorrows, let us celebrate now"

He turned a deaf ear to me.

"But sir...this is not just about her, what I'm going to say is going to benefit all of us! It is going to wide open our eyes and portray our flaws"

He was clearly uninterested.

"What the entire village knows about siri is imprecise, She isn't dead......" I gave a momentary pause   "she was killed".

People around started muttering among themselves, Rajendran now raised his eyebrows.

Rajendran : "Does that even make any sense? We all know that she was killed, she was killed by the dark spirits on the other side of the river"

"No!, she was killed by the dark spirits among us! I mean, it's a murder!"

Rajendran : "Kid, let's not make it complicated but aren't you a good fan of movies?"

"I'm not making it complicated, I'm making it simple...everything that the village has been believing about the other side of the river is a bluff, There are no evil spirits out there and siri isn't dead for the reason we believe"    I spoke breathlessly    "And I can prove everything!"

Rajendran : "We will arrange a village meet in the afternoon, if only you fail to prove this nonsense, your grandfather who had been the most respectable person in Ramachandra Puram , will lose all the respect on behalf of you.

"And if I prove this, the people responsible for this must be exiled from the village"

Rajendran : " Okay!,  3:30 PM near the temple.."

" I need you to invite the graveyard keeper, R.K Rice mills owner, two of their workers, and finally siri's stepmother for the meet in the afternoon, that is all the help I need from you" 

*Everyone dispersed*

Madhu has been watching me all the while with her wide opened mouth...

Madhu : "Are you sure you can prove this?" 

"I'm very sure when I know that she is with me"