Never ending darkness

Next morning

I took a bath very early, I wore an orange-white check shirt with a white tee in, I made my hair twice and thrice again, I put on white shoes which were blue until last year. Of course, which guy can compromise on looks when he is meeting his love after one long year.

I plucked four roses with exotic bloom, tied them together with a plastic thread. I made a rehearsal on how to start the conversation, what to do after seeing her. Nothing can stop me now, or is there something? I pedalled out the old rusted bicycle.

"Where to.....mister?" stopped madhu.

"uhmm....to the temple.." 

"I know where you're going, idiot!" She hit me on my head gently with her dressed finger "ouch!!"  .

"You forgot this!" she carefully handed over the small pot, "all the best!".

:D Never did i see this charming side of perky

I whistled my favourite song all along while the brightest morning sun is paving a spotlight path. The creaky bicycle sound flawlessly synchronised with my whistle, a few butterflies flew over me and a few in my stomach too.

*creak squeak creak squeak......*

As soon as I reached my sacred banyan I made myself comfortable on the rock holding the roses in my palm, anticipating her presence sooner.

An hour or two passed as i sat on the rock in the same position, yet there is no sign of her anywhere. 

"The evening winds blew.                                                                                                                                                    All the chirping birds flew...                                                                                                                                              Yet there is no clue.....                                                                                                                                                          where are you? where are you?"

Something in the air tells me that something is wrong. The sun is no more brighter, the roses faded. I waited till the sun has completely set and returned home in charm that is nowhere close to what it was in the morning.

"I wish I could see you tomorrow even just for a second" I bethought every evening under the sacred banyan tree. It has been 4 days but I haven't seen any sunrise, for she is my only one to light up my world.

"Did she forget me?" I hope she didn't.