Adventure of a lifetime

Nothing has changed..

The same over-curious mom, the same over-enthusiastic( okay enough enthusiastic) perky, the same people, this time a few more included as all of us are traveling at once, unlike the last year. Rishi and rahul are no more fond of Cheetos, they are grown ups now, they only eat chips with tomato sauce dips.

The same fun, everything the same except every one of us a year older and so is my love for her(Siri).

The same railway station, the same luggage everything seemed like déjà vu until perky(Madhu) came up with yet another bizarre adventure idea.

"I miss sundaramma dosas and appams, and I bet all of us do!" whispered madhu.

"yes! we all do!" screamed rahul, rishi and other kids who joined us this year.

Though I'm craving for the dosas, I know this is not going to work out, I know my mother gives a "no" even before I complete my appeal.

  "but how...." *eats a chip* "are we...." *takes another bite* "going to reach there without my mom knowing it ?" asked rishi in his lovable tone.

"Okay! here is the plan, come closer team" she said as if she is going to discuss a super army secret. " There will be two cars coming, if i'm not wrong. Let's occupy one full car, let's leave the other car to elders, I'll somehow manage the driver to take us to food stall and if anyone asks why we were late, we'll say we had a flattened tyre.."

"Brilliant! miss madhu" I shook her hands sarcastically. " count me out! I can't dare to confront mom if we get caught"

"oh! please, I'll buy you chocolate ice-cream, I'll buy you anything"

"no!"

"i'll stop telling horror stories, i'll stop frightening you"

"umm...tempting...but no!"

"i'll tell mom about siri if you don't come"

"who cares!....wait for a second!!! who is siri?" with wide opened eyes.

"ahaan? don't try too hard sir, I know everything!" oh my god! this girl had followed me i guess she knows everything.

Meanwhile, cars arrived and I rushed to the car before everyone else.

*everyone staring at me*

"what?...aren't you up for an adventure? come on! quick!"

Everything worked out as planned, we somehow reached the stall while it is still dark, early in the morning. Sundaramma sat under a vintage gas lantern, struggling to chop onions for making appams, she was excited to see us after a year, she called us in with utmost care, served us hot and delicious dosas and asked us if the dosas tasted better than the ones in cities, which is a precise 'yes'.

Madhu thought of helping the old woman, she chopped a few onions for her, just when she was chopping the last onion, she accidentally cut her finger!

We are all really worried now! blood is oozing out her finger, I panicked, I wiped the blood with my pure white t-shirt. I hit her on the head " Idiot!, look what you've done! can't you be careful?"

We quickly left for home, I'm sure my mother will kill me for what I have done, I'm sure she will be over worried if she sees the blood stains on my t-shirt. I really have no clue what to do.

By the time we reached home, everyone was waiting outside the house, they were all really tensed. Just when I was planning ways to convey things to my mother and calm her down, madhu pulled the sauce dip from rishi and rubbed it here and there over my shirt, asked me to hold the sauce dip.

They all rushed towards us. 

Mom : "where did you go! why are you late??"

Madhu : "umm.....vehicle problem attha(aunt)"

Mom : " Look at you anish! aren't you still a kid, look how you spilled the sauce all over your shirt"

Madhu winked at me and gave a smile, I smiled too.