Yes, i talked to her...

one hundred and seven......

one hundred and eight......

I somehow completed the vow and quickly ran out in anticipation to find her somewhere in the frame.

I walked and walked in vain until I reached the outskirts of the temple, there far from the sight the girl sat under a huge banyan tree on the banks of maldevi looking intently towards the river.

the river, the tree, a girl resembled a vivid scenic portrait.

I moved towards her..she probably was preoccupied with thoughts that I least know.

Suddenly I tried to recall all the pick-up lines that we used to use back in the city with other girls, but completely failed to...i'm totally tensed I don't even know if I can talk to her without stumbling, Talking to a girl is an art evidently.

As I went almost close to her..i seriously thought of ways to initialize a conversation, I moved here and there in anxiety..I bit few nails too..before I came up with an idea.

I deliberately stepped on cow droppings on the road and rushed towards the bank of the river to clean my shoes, right in front of her...i tried to make the entire scene look like an unplanned one.I pretended as if I haven't seen her, and that I went there just to clean the shoe.

I slightly peeped over my shoulder to see if she has noticed me.

"uhmm....so why are you following me? she asked in her own sweet tone.

my heart skipped a beat! I took a momentary pause to frame an answer.

" Blame physics for that! " I said looking at her.

"what??"

"I'll tell you...can I sit beside you before that?"

" No, it doesn't look good if my step-mother watched me sitting beside a stranger, sit right there..keep washing your shoes....and talk"

As she wished. I started cleaning my navy blue shoes sitting on my knees even though they are clean.

"so...how should the physics be blamed?" she asked.

"yes! physics! don't you know unlike poles attract?"

"what in the world made us, unlike poles?" she asked inquisitively.

"Everything!

I'm from city...You're from village"

"mmhmm?"

"You look so good....and i don't.

and the strongest of all unlikes

You're a girl... and i'm not"

"hahah!" she giggled , i danced within, I made her smile !, i made her smile!!!

"I'm anish...may i know your name?"

"ahaan...not too soon...let me add to one more unlike.." she continued "You have a huge family...and i don't , i lost my mother when i was a kid..now my love-deficient step mother looks after me. i envy you!

I pitied the whole way she said that line..she kept on smiling all the while yet i can understand how she was feeling within...

Just to divert the convo..i talked about random things..we talked for almost an hour.. i being in that same kneeling position..my navy blue shoes turned light blue and i kept on cleaning.

"it's getting late...i should go home.."she stood and hurried to walk away.

" okay! nice meeting you!..." i shouted as she walked few steps away.

after walking few steps...she turned around smiling and said

" My name is Siri...and who ever told that you don't look good are certainly wrong...bye"

I put my white shoes(my navy blue shoes previously) on the ground and watched her walking away..all of a sudden my heart insisted on poetry.

"oh! how i wonder my heart fills with joy every time i see you smile...

Aren't you a sorceress , your spell bound me for a while"