Just One More Time....

We reached home while the early morning fog hasn't yet cleared off and the sun is still peeking through the horizon.
Green here greener there... Amidst the greenery lies my typical south Indian traditional estate house compounded by tough concrete bricks.
The house exemplifies the engineering skill of olden days, as my grandfather himself was an engineer he constructed one toughest and large house which is possibly the largest in our village.
It almost takes half a minute to walk from the compound gate to the entrance, a cement pathway from gate to entrance bisects the house, either side is covered with lush green grass.
There are very rare kinds of plants and trees grown within the compound wall which almost resembled a mini tropical forest, including country mosambi, sapota, two coconut trees that have been there ever since my childhood, amidst these trees wandered ducks and ducklings lurching and quacking all day.

Such charming place always makes me feel like "none can ever find a better holiday spot than this".

I really love the way how village people treat the guests with utmost decorum.
Soon as we reached home, our housemaids(who had been serving the house for a long while) came rushing with a pot of water for us to wash our feet.
I can already feel the festive vibes inside the house. I cannot wait to get in and add up to the extravaganza.
The surroundings were pretty colorfully decorated with marigold

Elders hurrying here and there....... Arranging things for the day-1 event of the festival.
Kids playing hide and seek, running and hopping around.... Oh.... How i wish I can become a kid again and do all these stuff.
Everyone in the house rushed towards us at once as soon as they saw us entering...they received us by desperately asking howabouts. *smiles everywhere*

What a lively environment that was.
That is where the peculiarity lies in a village life.
I and Madhu were completely exhausted, though we loved the lively environment, we were desperate to get some rest.

Madhu : I'm really excited for the event tonight!! Do you think I'm pretty enough to play a centre- of- attraction there?

Me: yes... Definitely.... But unfortunately, i guess old aunties do not qualify for centre-of-attraction... Ptch.... Sad....

Madhu : how dare you!!! You want me to start the evil spirit blabber again? Huh? Uncle!!

* momentary silence *
I better be careful
Me : haha! I was just kidding sweetheart! Do you even think there is someone prettier than you? What is the event by the way?

" deepothsavam"

[ deepothsavam- a religious festival of lamps where people lit small lemon sesame lamps and leave them floating over the temple pond(koneru) as an offering to god.... While wishing for something. It is believed that our prayers directly reach deity on this day thus curbing all our misfortunes]