Chapter 3

The next day, Mr. Davenport had huge bags under his eyes, and he was nonstop yawning. He stayed up all night worrying about Chase, and trying to hack into Mark's computer to at least see Chase alive. But nothing worked.

He walked into the living room and felt a hand on his shoulder. He whirled around but exhaled when he saw it was Tasha. She looked at him with concern and engulfed him in a hug.

"Honey. What's wrong with you?" She asked, pulling away from the hug. "Have you slept at all last night?"

He sighed and gestured to the couch, sitting down next to Tasha. "Yesturday Chase got upset with Bree, Adam and Leo after they yelled at him and he stormed out." He took a deep breath, looking into Tasha's eyes. "Mark, my used-to-be employee... well, he kidnapped Chase."

Tasha gasped and held her hands over her mouth, a tear surfacing in her eye. She wiped her eyes and hugged Davenport, silently crying into his shoulder.

"W-well w-what do w-we do?" She stuttered, looking at Mr. Davenport.

He scratched the back of his head, yawning again. "Well, Mark said the only way we would get Chase back, alive-"-Tasha cried a little harder-"-is if we give him Davenport Industries... and the house."

Tasha gasped again, rubbing her eyes. "Well, a-are you?"

Mr. Davenport nodded grimly, his face still looking shocked. He really hated everything that was going on and just wished that Chase was safe at home.

After that, Tasha ran back upstairs, crying and Mr. Davenport decided to follow her. It was five o' clock in the morning.

Mr. Davenport didn't remember falling asleep but he did remember waking up. He looked to his left and didn't see Tasha, but instead he saw a note.

Dear Donald,
I've gone to the supermarket to pick up dinner. Adam, Bree and Leo are waiting for you to figure out a plan to get Chase back in the lab.
Love,
Tasha

Mr. Davenport sighed as he dragged himself down to the lab, to see Bree and Adam practicing their combat moves while Leo practiced his computer skills at his Mission Specialist Desk.

Bree turned to Mr. Davenport and smiled, cartwheeling over to him. She landed right in front of him and he jumped back in alarm.

"Hi Mr. Davenport." Bree greeted politely. "Are you ready to plan Mission Rescue Chase?" She stopped for a moment. "Don't worry. I'll come up with a better name."

He sighed. "Guys, I'm proud of this idea but we're not going to save Chase. We're going to give Mark the Industries and the house."

Bree's face fell. "But Mr. Davenport-"

"I don't want to risk Chase's life!" Mr. Davenport snapped. He rubbed his eyes. "Just, leave everything to me."

He stormed back upstairs, leaving Bree pouting and upset. She turned to Adam and Leo, who were both staring at where Mr. Davenport was just standing.

"Wow." Leo managed, as Bree walked over to the desk. "Just-wow."

"We're getting Chase back." Bree determined, punching a dummy in the stomach. "Whether Mr. Davnport's gonna help us or not."

"How do we find him if that Mark guy took out Chase's chip?" Adam asked, snapping a dummy in half, and using the arm to scratch his back.

"We need to think like him." Bree said, pacing around the room quickly. "If you were an angery fired coworker of a big industry trying to get it to be your own, where would you hide your hostage?"

Leo and Adam looked at her blankly but Bree kept thinking. Suddenly, her face lit up. She squeeled and ran over to Adam and Leo, bursting with joy.

"We know someone who can help us!" She said, clapping.

"Who?" Adam asked, still confused about everything.

Bree smiled. "Evil Uncle Daddy."