Chapter 30

The day of the funeral. More like the day that everyone has to remember Chase is gone and are finally forced to accept it. It's such a sad day for other people but for the Davenport's, it was practically the day the world ended.

As Bree got out of her capsule, she realized it was Thursday, which made her tear up. She wasn't ready to say goodbye. She just wanted him in her life, his smile, his kindness, even his annoyingness, if that's a word. She missed everything about him, and she wasn't ready to let him go.

She sat down on the couch, where Leo left his blanket. He slept with Mr. Davenport on his couch after his fight with Bree. They couldn't even look at each other. It was awful.

Bree knew she had to get ready since the funeral started in an hour so she supersped to her closet in her personal room and picked out her dress and shoes. She wore an informal black wavy dress with light cerulean high heels. She put on light makeup and took a quick look at herself before smiling with how she looked.

  She put on light makeup and took a quick look at herself before smiling with how she looked

She really didn't want to be too formal, even if it was a funeral. She needed something to at least distract her from the fact that Chase was gone.

She checked her clock and supersped to the training area where they were holding the funeral. She saw Adam and Leo, who weren't dressed too formal.

Adam was wearing a grey shirt with a navy blue and red plaid shirt over top with black jeans and black sneakers whereas Leo wore a green shirt with a grey sweater and brown pants, also with black sneakers.

Bree scoffed when she saw them. They heard her and turned to her, Leo shooting her a galre as they walked up to each other.

"You guys could have at least put on a suit or something!" Bree blurted, eyeing their outfits up and down. "It's like you don't even care about the funeral!"

"We didn't want to fully accept Chase's death okay!" Adam yelled, snapping the broom he was holding in half. "Plus, you look horrible. Don't tell us how bad we look looking like-" he gestured to her dress. "-that."

"Hey!" Bree snapped, curling her fingers into a fist. "I look fine! At least I actually attempted to look NICE!"

"Yeah well-"

"SHUT IT!!" Mr. Davenport yelled, from the doorway. Everyone turned to look at him and saw him wearing a formal suit with nice shoes. He stomped up to them, snatching ths broom from Adam's hand. "Will you three just quit it?! I will not put up with your bickering TODAY OF ALL DAYS! Now go gather all the students up for the ceremony. It's starting in ten minutes."

Bree sighed and gave Adam a weak smile before nodding to Mr. Davenport, who looked extremely stressed out and overwhelmed. Bree smiled and supersped all around the Academy, telling everyone that the ceremony was about to start.

A few minutes later, Bree finshed up and got to the training area, where all the students and everyone except Douglas was.

She sat down and surveyyed the setup. There were white and red flowers, all around the place. There was a wooden mahogany casket which held Chase's body. But the picture of Chase they used was just heart breaking.

 But the picture of Chase they used was just heart breaking

Everyone rose as Mr. Davenport approached the stage, gulping and blinking back tears. He took a deep breath as he began to speak. "I think we all can agree that Chase was a hero. He didn't care so much about what happened to him as he did what happened to those around him. He was kind, thoughtful, caring and loyal. He will never be forgotten and we will always carry him in out hearts. I am proud to call him my son."

Bree began to tear up as she heard his speech, but was barely able to pay attention to everyone else's speeches. She really hated having to accept that Chase was actually gone. It was eating her up, slowly but surely.

When it was her turn, Bree smiled as she stood up, smiling to Adam as she stepped up to the casket, peering inside. He looked so broken, so dead. It made Bree tear up.

She turned to the crown of mourning people and said to herself this is it. I have to let go and accept it. She took a deep breath and opened her mouth to speak when the hydroloop doors opened, causing everyone to murmur in surprise, to who might be late.

"I'm sorry but this is the middle-" Bree looked out to see Chase stepping off the elevator, smiling as he saw her.

Tears of joy flooded down her face and she smiled, running to him with wide eyes. "CHASEY!!" She squeezed him and lifted him up, as he was laughing, asking her to let him down.

"CHASE!" Adam yelled, as he, Leo and Mr. Davenport gave Chase a huge bear hugged, shocked but happy that he was still alive.

"How are you still alive?" Bree asked, a crown of students surrounding them.

"Well, after Douglas told me about father-son time I knew something was gonna go wrong. So, I sent out Mr. Davenport's android prototype in my place, activating it to look like me. After that, I controlled it's movements and stayed hidden in the lab." He explained, a huge grin on his face. "Where's Douglas?"

"In his room." Mr. Davenport smiled. "He'll sure be happy to see you."

"I'm so glad you're okay."

THE END

___________________________
There you have it. The ending to Revenge is Bittersweet . I hope you enjoyed it, I had a lot of fun writing it.
Bye!