Chapter 20

Yayy!! 20 chapters and 600 views already!! Wow, I never expected it to go this far. Now, onwards with the story!!
_____________________________
It was hard for him to occupy himself while Bree, Adam and Leo were on the mission but Chase was able to find somethings to do around the Academy.

Apparently, word got around that Chase didn't have bionics anymore so whenever a student saw him, they'd pat him on the back and say 'sorry man' or 'are you okay?' or 'don't worry. You'll be fine' he felt like a baby so he tried to ignore everyone.

As lunchtime rolled around, the training area became empty. Chase knew he needed something to keep his mind of Leo and the mission so he got out a dummy and began practicing his martial arts. He still wanted to fight, but it would be rather difficult without his bionics.

He punched, kicked and karate chopped the dummy until he heard the hydroloop doors open.

He turned and saw Adam, Bree and Leo walking off the hydroloop, and without noticing him, they headed to the Mentors Quarters.

Chase didn't really want to eavesdrop but his curiosity overcame his sense of wrongdoing so he followed them closely but quietly, and listened outside the door to their conversation.

"Mr. Davenport!" Bree called. "We're back!"

A small part of Chase wanted them to talk about how difficult the mission was without him, but that's not what they wanted to talk about at all.

"Hey guys!" Mr. Davenport said with a smile, walking in from the other entrance. "How was the mission?"

"Oh, it was great!" Adam said, patting Leo on the shoulder. "Leo really stepped up his game and helped, a lot. He definitely did a good job of filling Chase's shoes."

Chase felt jealousy build up in his chest but he pushed it down, paying close attention to everything.

"Yeah. I barely even noticed Chase was gone." Bree admitted, smiling. "I always thought missions would be harder without him." She shrugged. "Guess not."

Chase felt his heart deflate in his chest like a balloon. They could at least lie to make him feel better, even though they didn't know he was listening. But still!

"That's great!" Mr. Davenport remarked, his watch beeping. He pressed something on his watch and turned to them. "Follow me. I need your help with some things."

Chase heard footsteps approaching him so he sprinted as fast as he could to the training room, and immediately began attacking the dummy, trying to play it off as if he never left.

He heard the footsteps pass and a pang of hurt struck him. They didn't even say hi, or notice him for that matter.

He sighed and sat down, feeling upset with himself, and he felt like... like a dissapointment. He might've survived the kidnapping but that was pretty much his fault. Now that he didn't have a purpose, he felt a lot worse about himself.

He suddenly had an idea. They wouldn't even notice so it wasn't like it was important anyway.

He ran as fast as he could to the Mentors Quarters and ran over to his bed, scratching his head as he pulled out his backpack from underneath his bed. He began to pack his toothbrush, clothes, books and other important things into his bag.

He slung the backpack over his shoulder and caught a glimpse of his reflection in the mirror. They may not notice, but he should leave a note.

Chase got a scrap piece of paper from his pocket and grabbed a pen and scribbled down a note, looking back one last time before stealthily walking to the hydroloop, without raising any suspicion.

He stepped inside and sighed as the doors closed.

Goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey, have you guys seen Chase?" Bree asked, superspeeding into the Mentors Quarters, where everyone else was. Leo was playing in the pool, Adam was pelting him with various things and Mr. Davenport was cleaning their capsules.

"No." Adam and Leo said in sync. "Jinx!"

"Jinx again!"

"Jinx again again!"

Adam and Leo continued repeating that so Bree just ignored them and turned to Mr. Davenport, who shrugged, then shook his head.

"No. Sorry."

"Weird." Bree muttered, walking over to Chase's bed. It was messy, which was unusual and a few of his things were missing. And so was he.

Bree walked around the whole Academy, looking for Chase, before panicking when she couldn't find him.

She supersped back to the Mentors Quarters. "Guys Chase isn't-"

"Bree?" Mr. Davenport said, in a low voice. "Here. Read this."

She felt confused as she took the paper form Mr. Davenport and read it aloud, to Adam and Leo who were confused:

"Dear Family,
I've gone to live in Mission Creek. I really feel like I stick out at the Academy, not having bionics and all. Leo, you can use my bed if you want. I really don't care.
Please don't come looking for me. This was hard enough to do. I'll see you soon.
Love,
Chase."