Chapter 12

"Stop blaming me!" Bree muttered, tears flowing down her cheeks as Mr. Davenport glared at her. She sunk to her knees. "Don't you think I feel guilty enough?! I. KILLED. CHASE. Please just-just leave me alone."

Mr. Davenport's face softened and a huge wave of guilt came crashing down on him, causing him to realize how bad Bree must feel. He knelt down next to her and squeezed her, calming her down.

"None of this was your fault." Mr. Davenport coaxed gently rubbing her back.

"Then why did you blame me?" Bree looked at him with tear-stained puffy red eyes. She looked truly broken.

"I-I was caught up in the moment." Mr. Davenport confessed. "I don't take lives ending too well." He sighed. "I'm sorry. I should've been more comforting."

Bree sniffled and stopped crying. "It-it's okay M-Mr. Davenport."

He smiled and stroked her hair, holding her head in a comforting silence. Sometimes the littlest things, like a hug for instance, can really calm someone down and make them feel a lot better.

"I regret it." Bree mumbled.

"What?" Mr. Davenport was caught off guard.

"I regret it." Bree repeated, her voice hoarse. "I regret every mean or disrespectful word I said to him."

Although she wasn't too clear, Mr. Davenport knew exactly who she was referring to, and he nodded silently.

"The night he... left, I yelled at him for embarrasing me in front of Ethan." She sniffled. "I yelled and I told him to go away. Now all I want, is to hug him one more time, hear one of his stupid remarks, or just a laugh..."

Mr. Davenport felt a tear slip down his cheek as he listened to Bree pour her heart out.

"And now?" She pulled away. "Now he's gone. And there was nothing I could've done to prevent anything!" She burst out in tears once more and Mr. Davenport engulfed her in a warm hug.

He looked around and suddenly noticed that Leo, nor Douglas or Adam were anywhere to be seen, or Mark and Luke for that matter.

"Where-where'd everyone go?" He asked silently, causing Bree to lift her head up and look around, surveyying the abandoned road ahead.

"I-I don't know." She replied, wiping her cheeks and standing up. She ran over to the Davencar, which was now pretty much all burned out. She peeked inside and a spark of hope lit in her stomach. "Chase isn't in the car."

Mr. Davenport began thinking, before his face lit up and he grabbed Bree's arm. She looked at him weirdly. "What are you doing?"

"Superspeed us to the hospital." He ordered, pointing. Bree seemed to understand and she nodded, speeding towards the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tick tock tick tock tick tock

The clock on the wall was the only thing that could be heard in the room, aside from the constant shuffling of feet and reorganizing papers.

Adam's heart beat faster and faster each time a tick went by of the clock. His palms were sweaty and the only thing distracting him from his brother's possible death was tapping his feet together, for an hour.

Leo put a hand on his shoulder, which made him jump, slightly. He sighed and slumped his shoulder. "Adam? Are you okay?"

He shook his head.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He shook his head again, the familliar tapping of his feet returning to the silent atmosphere. It was almost entrancing.

The doors to the hospital burst open and in ran Bree and Mr. Davenport. Mr. Davenport looked quite sick while Bree just looked sad.

"Adam!" Mr. Davenport sighed, running over to his eldest son. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He mumbled, barely looking up from his feet.

Mr. Davenport brushed aside the weird behaviour and put a hand on Leo and Adam's shoulder, smiling. "I am very proud of you two for taking the liberty of driving here to save Chase."

Leo smiled and nodded while Adam looked up with a small smile, before looking down again, his feet returning the rhythm.

Mr. Davenport asked the nurse for a report on Chase but she didn't have one, so they all decided to wait, and they had to wait for a long time.

Adam and Bree were taking it the worst. They both hugged each other and cried, after a few minutes they both fell asleep. Whereas Leo and Mr. Davenport were both devastated, they update each other about what happened.

"I think I should call Tasha." Mr. Davenport said, pulling out his phone. "She has a right to know."

Just then, Douglas burst through the doors, panting and sweaty, leaning on his legs as he attempted to catch his breath.

"Do all Davenport's have to make a dramatic entrance?" One nurse muttered, shaking her head.

"Douglas!" Leo exclaimed, running over to him. His clothes were kind of muddy, and a little ripped, and he had a black eye. "What happened?"

"Mark... Luke... fight... jail... safe..." He panted, touching his eye carefully. "Is it... that bad?"

Mr. Davenport grimanced, but helped his brother to sit beside Adam, who was still asleep as well as Bree. "I'll get you an icepack."

He scrambled off and Leo asked Douglas to explain everything that happened. Douglas sighed but obliged. "So I ran after them until they got to a rest stop, then I couldn't find them. I looked around but I couldn't find em. I turned around and Mark nailed me in the eye-" he gestured to his black eye "-and I fell on the mud, causing me to get all muddy. I then was able to disarm the two and left them unconscious while I called the cops."

Leo nodded, when Mr. Davenport came back holding an ice pack. He gave it to Douglas who winced as the ice touched his eye but held it there.

"A nurse walked over to them and held out her clipboard. "Anyone here for Chase... Daa-Davenport?" She asked, reading the name carefully.

Douglas, Mr. Davenport and Leo sprung up, smiling. "Y-yes." Mr. Davenport stuttered. "How is he?"

"He's..."

I am soo sooo sorry for the cliffhanger! But I want to ask anyone reading this for a cover. I am in need of a new one. If anyone could make me one, that'd be great! Message me for the details.
Thanks!!