Epilogue

When Douglas heard that Chase was still alive and at the front entrance by the hydroloop, he dashed through the school, not bothering to focus on anything except Chase. He had mixed emotions about everything. He was happy and extremely excited to see him but he was also mad and dissapointed.

He ran to the front entrance and saw Chase, laughing and sitting as the students chanted "Chase! Chase! Chase!" holding him in the air, having a big fun party.

At first, Douglas couldn't believe his eyes. Chase was okay!! He wasn't dead! And none of anything that was tearing Douglas apart was true. Chase was okay!

When Chase saw Douglas, his smile softened, and he gestured for the students to let him down. He walked ip to Douglas and stood awkwardly in front of him for a second before Douglas lept forward and hugged Chase, a tear of joy running down his face.

They let go and Douglas wiped his eye, trying to conceive everything. "I-I we thought you were dead!" He said.

Chase smiled. "Well a-" he paused for a minute, choosing his words carefully. He took a deep breath and smiled. "I guess I'm just lucky."

"I saw your body-" Douglas started.

"Why don't we spend some father-son time this afternoon?" Chase suddenly suggested out of the blue. "Just me and you. What do you say... dad?"

Douglas blinked with fresh tears of joy as he heard Chase say that. He smiled out of comfort and glee and nodded, smiling bigger than he ever did before.

Douglas trapped Chase in a headlock and ruffled his hair, causing Chase to laugh, and struggle free. As Chase got out, the students began chanting his name again and they picked both Douglas and Chase up, walking to the training area.

Now this, was a good life.