Chapter 9

Bree's heart fell and shattered at the same time she heard the explosion. She chose the button, and that one happened to be the one that might.... kill Chase. She really hoped he'd be okay. Heck, she was gonna make sure he was okay.

She heard a vehicle stop and a door opened. She turned with a small smile when she saw Mr. Davenport step out, but also stiffled a laugh when she saw him wearing a mission suit.

"Guys, what happened?" He asked running over to them.

Bree sighed. "Long story short, Chase is in trouble and we need to help him. Douglas, explain everything. I'm going in."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chase was nervous after Mark and Luke left. He heard someone say his name but for a second he thought he was imagining it when he saw Mr. Davenport on the screen, a frown on his face.  "M-Mr. D-Davenport??"

"Chase! I am so happy to see you! Are you hurt?" Mr. Davenport asked, his face showing concern.

"J-just fine." Chase muttered, looking up tiredly. He barely had time to sleep so he was quite exhausted. "I am quite famished. I wish I could have something to eat-"

"Hey!" Mark snapped, running into the room. Chase gulped and held his head down, hoping Mark wouldn't do anythig. He looked at Mr. Davenport with a glare before slamming his fist into the computer.

Chase, I am so so sorry if whatever happens hurts you. I love you. Was that...?

"You little-" Mark was cut off by an extremely loud explosion, which made Chase contort his face in pain. Superhearing.

A large amount of rocks and dirt piled in and Mark bolted to the other room, leaving Chase in the caving in room.

A giant rock smashed into his head and he fell unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Bree wait!" Adam called, but she was already gone. She supersped to the crater but silently cursed when she saw Chase still bound to the chair. She didn't have anything sharp enough to cut the ropes so she supersped back to Douglas, Mr. Davenport, Adam and Leo.

"Do any of you have a Swiss Army knife?" She asked, her nerves rising.

At that, Mr. Davenport's face lit up and he ran to his car. He rummaged through a basket and ran back, a smile on his face as he gave Bree the knife.

She smiled and took it, superspeeding back to the crater. She carefully slid into the room but lost her balance when a large rumble shook the room.

She stood up and ran over to Chase, oblivious to the collapsing cieling above her. She immediatly began to slice the ropes with the knife, but that ended up being a lot harder than she anticipated. The ropes were very hard to cut, and sfter a minute his hand was free.

She got to work on his other hand and heard pounding. She turned briefy to see the dirt caused the people to be caved in in their room. She sighed but continued untying Chase, turning on her earpiece with her shoulder.

"Adam!" She said. She heard ruffling but then his voice came through. "This is Adam. Who's this?"

"Adam it's me!" Bree said, finishing Chase's other hand.

"Bree?" He asked.

"Yes. Now get over here. I need your help." She was unsure they should do this but she refused to let them die, even if they tried to kill Chase.

A couple seconds later Adam fell down the crater but got up and saluted Bree when he got balanced. "Yes?"

"Go lift those rocks and dirt from the doors and escort those guys out!" She directed, pointing to the doors with her head.

He ran over there and got to work.

Bree was working on Chase's foot when she heard him groan, and his eyes flickered open and closed. He slammed his eyes shut and his face showed his pain, which made Bree try harder.

Unfortunately, the ropes on Chase's legs were even stiffer and Bree was trying her hardest to cut into them, but these took twice as long.

She finally cut one leg free when a gigantic rumbling shook the air, and giant chunks of the cieling began to fall.

"Bree! We need to get out of here!" Adam insisted, tugging on her arm.

"I need to save Chase!" Bree shot back, cutting as fast as she could. Her arm got sore but she dissmissed it and continued to cut.

She was suddenly feeling an urge to leave Chase. She couldn't... could she?

She turned around and noticed Adam already left. More the reason to help Chase.

The cieling was about to cave them in when Bree snapped the last rope. She smiled as she grabbed the unconscious Chase and supersped herself and him back to Mr. Davenport and Douglas.