Chapter 24

Bree was the first to get to the parking lot. She stopped to catch her breath and surveyed her surroundings. She appeared to be in a parking lot beside a small café. It wasn't a very suspicious area but that was why it was a perfect place to do something illegal.

Bree heard shuffling from behind the café so she walked over to investigate. She peeked her head and almost gasped when she saw multiple thugs guarding a staircase in an alleyway.

Bree sighed but knew what she had to do. She turned invisible and snuck up behind two of the thugs. She smacked both of their heads together and they fell unconscious. The other three got in a fighting stance.

Bree heard motorcycle's parking ans she snuck behind another thug. She pushed him against the wall and he hit his head, hard and fell unconscious.

The last two thugs were staring directly at Bree for a few seconds before attacking. Bree crouched down and heard them trip, causing both of them to tumble to the ground, groaning as they laid there.

Bree stood up and turned herself visible, pushing her hair back as she dusted her hands off. She then noticed Douglas, Adam, Mr. Davenport and Leo staring at her, their mouths agape as they looked at her in awe.

"That was-" Douglas started.

"AWESOME!" Adam and Leo yelled, fistbumping. Bree smiled at their goofiness but immediately became alert when she heard a certain someone cry out in pain.

"Chase..." She whispered. She supersped down the stairs and almost fell back when she saw Giselle and Krane standing over Chase, fastened to a table who had sweat beaded on his forehead and had electricity crackling over his body.

"Stop!" Bree cried, her voice hoarse as tears streamed down her cheeks. She couldn't stand seeing Chase in pain.

Giselle turned and growled. She then smirked before pushing a button, electricity pulsing onto Chase, causing him to scream out in pain.

Bree felt herself fall into Douglas, who was looking at Krane and Giselle with an unhappy look, murderous even.

Chase held his hands out as if he was pushing something when suddenly a blue forcefield shielded him from the shock. The electricity deflected off the force field and zapped the lights and equipment in the lab.

Chase released his grip and started panting, the sweat trickling down his face.

"That's not possible..." Douglas muttered. "Unless..."

As Krane heard Douglas about to answer, he held his hand out and Douglas floated in the air, clawing at his throat like the incident in the junkyard.

"Douglas!" Bree shouted.

"Douglas." Krane spat, frowning. "Tell me the answer. Now."

"Unless... he... internal... chip..." Douglas muttered. Krane dropped him and he began taking deep breaths, being comforted by Bree.

"What?" Krane asked.

"The only answer I can think of is... that he has an internal chip melded into his system. Unbreakable and merged with his system, making it near impossible to break or remove." Douglas answered sadly.

Krane smiled as he turned to Chase, who looked hurt and very scared, taking deep breaths and trying to compose himself.

Krane snarled. "Well. I think I found the next biggest threat to the world."

Everyone's faces (especially Chase's) were shocked, and scared. Chase wasn't gonna be used as a weapon. Not on Mr. Davenport or Bree's watch.

"And why would we let that happen?" Mr. Davenport asked, taking a step forward with a determined expression.

Krane chuckled. "That's just it. I'm not giving you a choice."

Just then, Krane yanked Chase off the table and pushed Giselle forward who didn't know what was going on and stumbled forward. Krane geoleaped away with Chase, smiling like a maniac.

"Krane!" Giselle yelled. "You traitor!"

Adam and Leo held Giselle's arms behind her back as Douglas called the police to report everything.

Mr. Davenport put a hand on Bree's shoulder and she turned with a sad smile. They hugged and a tear fell down Bree's cheek as she let go, smiling weakly.

We're coming Chase.