Chapter 11

Please oh please god, please let Chase be safe. Please...

Bree's mind jumped to conclusions as soon as Adam asked about the whereabouts of Chase. Her mind kept telling her he's okay! He probably jumped out too! He'll be fine! But secretly, she knew exactly where Chase was. And she did not like it one bit.

"Chase?" Mr. Davenport called, his heartbeat echoing in his ears.

"Chase?" Douglas repeated, standing up with great effort. His face was deep in thought but unfortunately, the only thing he could think about was Chase.

They heard breaks and Bree turned to see Mark and Luke parking their car, smiling and laughing, as if they won the lottery. That made every inch of Bree burning in agony and enragement.

She clenched her fists and gritted her teeth as the two psychopaths walked up to them.

"I. Told. You." Mark whispered, a grin spread on his face. "You should've just given us the industry when you had the chance! You. Lost."

"That's it." Bree let out a battle cry as she supersped behind the two, immediatly kicking them down. She turned invisible and began kicking them where they least expected it, until she grew tired and stopped. She then forced them on their feet and held their arms in between their shoulder blades, causing them to grimance in pain.

Meanwhile, Adam snuck over to the flaming car silently, without anyone noticing.

"Bree stop." Mr. Davenport ordered. "You'll be just as bad as them."

Bree sighed and knew what she had to do. She let go and they fell forward, grinning at her as they stood back up.

"Don't think that because I let you go I'm not still mad about you hurting my baby brother!" Bree growled, an angry expression on her face as she held Mark by his collar and glared at the two.

"It was your fault." She heard Mr. Davenport mutter under his breath.

She let go of Mark's collar and cocked her head, looking at him with an unreadable expression. "Excuse me?"

"Oh, erm, I said it was your fault." Mr. Davenport repeated, a stern glare shooting at Bree. "You were the one who just had to be all 'hero' and 'save your brother' instesd of letting me give them the industries!"

"I'm sorry, but I thought you trained us to SAVE OTHER PEOPLES LIVES! Oh, and don't you call us Bionic Heroes?" Bree shot back.

"Guys!" Leo yelled, but Mr. Davenport and Bree kept arguing, unable to hear him. "Guys they're getting away!" Leo yelled, pointing at Mark and Luke.

"Don't worry kid. I got this." Douglas said, a hand on his shoulder before sprinting after the two criminals.

Meanwhile, Adam approached the flaming car, wincing as he heard Bree and Mr. Davenport arguing back and forth like two year olds.

He lifted up what was left of the door to the backseat and smiled when he saw Chase, who was barely breathing and had burn marks and ashes all over him.

Adam reached in to grab Chase and carefully lifted him out, handling him gently due to his fear of hurting him or applying too much pressure on his injuries.

"Guys!" He yelled, trying to catch their attention, to no avail. Only Leo looked up, and he was grinning when he saw Adam with Chase, and he ran over.

"What do we do?" Adam asked, gesturing to the two bickering family memebers. "We need to get Chase to a hospital, now."

"Then let's go." Leo suggested with a sly smile. "You have your license. Drive us there with Mark and Luke's car and leave them here. By the time they kiss and make up, Bree can just superspeed them there."

Adam felt unsure about their plan but he didn't have a better one, so he just nodded as he opened up the doors to Mark's car and smiled when he saw the keys in the ignition.

He carefully put Chase in the backseat and Leo sat in the front as they drove away, leaving Bree and Mr. Davenpory STILL bickering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When they got to the hospital, Adam slammed on the breaks, causing Leo to hit his head on the dashboard, and he hopped out of the car.

"Oww." Leo complained, rubbing his forehead.

"Oh you'll live." (A/N I don't know if it's just me but my parents used to say this to me ALL THE TIME. Anyways...) Adam retorted, picking Chase up carefully as he ran to the front entrance, accidentally shovving some people aside as he burst through the entrance.

"Hi." Adam said to the lady at the front desk.

"Hello." She replied, smiling. "How may I help you?"

"My brother was in a..." He paused, choosing his words carefully. "...car accident. He's on the verge of dying so..."

"Oh." Her expression hardened, as she began typing into her computer. "We'll have two doctors here in a minute."

A minute later, two doctors ran into the waiting room, pushing an empty gerney with them. Adam carefully set Chase down, sitting down himself, praying that his little brother would be okay.