Chapter 27

"Chase!" Bree screamed, running over to her brother. She and Adam raced there and Bree checked his pulse, her heart dropping as she felt his neck. "There's no pulse."

Adam's face fell. "No, no, no, no. This isn't happening. C'mon Chase. Chase c'mon. C'mon." He was shaking Chase's chest, tears streaming down his face as he waited for any sort of movement.

"Adam."

"Adam!"

"ADAM!" She yelled. She pulled him away, a tear sliding down her cheek. "It's over. He's gone." She felt her heart shatter. "And it's all my fault."

She gasped and covered her mouth when she heart everything they said. This was exactly what they said when Chase... when Giselle almost killed him the first time. But now?

Now it was a reality.

Bree stood up, her thoughts clouding her vision and she barely heard everyone yelling her name as she backed away from them, her hands shaking and her eyes watering.

"I killed him..." She stared at her hands in shock. This wasn't anyone's fault but her own. She hated the feeling but it just didn't go away. Her fear and sadness were consuming her thoughts, bringing herself down. "I killed him."

Each second that ticked by, Bree thought about ways she could've stopped this from happening. She was the one who yelled at Chase in the first place, she was the reason Chase left the Academy, this was all Bree's fault.

Her hands shook violently as she dropped to her knees and held her damp face in her hands. She barely felt Adam and Douglas hugging her and trying to soothe her from her state of shock and guilt.

Adam was shocked. Not only had Krane killed his little brother, but he actually let that happen. He was supposed to look out for Bree and Chase, not just sit back as they risk their life in hopes of saving everyone else.

And, to top that all off, his fear of Chase dying ever since the first incident was haunting him, every second of every day. But now? Just the thought that his nightmare became a reality was enough to make Adam's entire world fall onto him.

If he just helped Chase when he had a chance, none of that would've ever happened. And now, that was at the cost of Chase's life. Why? Was it worth it? Of course not. But at least now Krane is actually really dead.

Douglas was in shock and his entire self was just shut down. All that ran through his mind was the moment Chase died. Nothing else was happening. Just Chase dying over and over.

Donald was right, the hardest thing for a parent was loosing their child. And now that that actually happened, Douglas wasn't the same.

The first time Chase almost died was devastating. But this was straight up depressing and shocking. He was actually dead. No hitch. Just, dead.

Leo felt, he felt... sad. Depressed. Grieving. Lonely. But most of sll, guilty. Now that he thought about it, he was the one that made Chase feel so excluded, he was the reason Chase left the Academy. He killed Chase.

Not only that, but he wasn't there to be the brother Chase needed. Instead, he was the one that rid Chase of his importance. He felt awful.

Mr. Davenport was in denial. Chase was not dead. Chase was not dead. Chase was NOT dead. He couldn't be... was he. No, no he's not. That isn't possible... he saved his entire family and now, he was actually truly gone.

No more witty comebacks or cheesy jokes. No more jokes or complaints or fun. No more bionic brother toss, and Subject C.

No more Mission Leader.

But something that were all thinking?

I miss him.

____________________________
Sorry it was short, don't worry, there's more to come! 😈