Chapter 14

He heard it all.

Every word Mr. Davenport, Adam and Bree spoke, but he couldn't see it. All he saw was a white light, and he could hear the voices but they were all distant. He felt tears on his cheeks but that was about it. He felt so sad.

When he heard Adam say what he did, he remembered when he almost died, and how he pulled through for his family. He couldn't give up on them.

Not now.

He heard the voices get so quiet, he could barely hear them. The white started to turn black snd that's when Chase knew something was wrong. He was dying.

He was giving up.

He tried to stop himself but the blackness was engulfing him, consuming any world he ever knew. He felt himself begin to slip away from the world he once knew. Then...

Nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No.

Mr. Davenport's heart dropped when he saw the terrifying red line on the heart monitor, indicating he failed. He wasn't able to save his son, and now. Now he was dead, and there was nothing Mr. Davenport.

He was barely aware of doctors and nurses pushing him out of the room, attempting to revive Chase, but the scary truth was that Mr. Davenport knew they couldn't.

His ears were ringing and he barely heard Bree yelling his name, trying to shake him out of the state he was in. He felt broken and dead, as he dropped to his knees indefeat, in front of the the room Chase was dead in.

Bree ran beside him and hugged him, crying herself as they both just sat there, taking in everything that happened.

Suddenly, he heard a voice in his head, a memory when Chase got trapped in the Avalanche.

"Even if you could offer me every ability there was, I would never betray my family. We are a team, and teams never give up on eachother."

That was the proudest moment Mr. Davenport ever was of Chase. He played a good double agent, and he only wanted his family to be safe.

But at what risk?

His world crashed down on him, and Mr. Davenport didn't know what to do. But all he could do, was hope.

But that hope was slipping.

__________________________
Sorry it's short. I have plans... evil plans.... :)