Two

I jumped out of bed in the morning and ran to my dresser. I put on a pair of black leggings with a pair of black boots with silver buckles on the outside of them. I put on a maroon t shirt and ran down stairs. "Bye mom, today's the day Max is finally going to confess his love to Jess. I'll be home later after study group tonight."

"Okay see you then." She said from the kitchen. I ran out the door and across the lawn to Max's house. I opened the front door and I heard Max's mom call from the kitchen.

"Welcome home, (y/n)! I'm happy to see you, will you be staying for breakfast?"

"Yes please, if it's no trouble." I said.

"You're always welcome here (y/n). Max is upstairs sleeping still, feel free to wake him up." I could tell she was smiling even though she wasn't facing me.

I walked up the stairs in Max's house and stopped in front of his door. It still had the 'no girls allowed' sign on. It's been up since we were eight. I laughed to myself and walked in. He was sound asleep on his bed. I got a running start and jumped on his bed, he barely stirred he was such a heavy sleeper. I sighed and then smiled. I put a hand over his mouth and pinched his nose. As soon as I cut off his oxygen supply he shot awake gasping for air.

"What the shit (y/n)!" He yelled I sat back on my knees by the foot of his bed.

"You didn't wake up when I jumped on your bed so I did the next thing I could think of."

"You suffocate someone at seven in the morning." He said slowly getting out of bed.

"Well yeah, don't you?" I said asking like its a normal thing that people do.

"You know what, I'm not going to question it. Will you leave, I have to get dressed."

"See, besides the fact that we walk to school together everyday, I came to bring up the fact that you are asking Jess out today, and you should look nice, so..." I stood up and walked to his closet, I threw at him a red button up shirt and a black bow tie, a nice pair of black pants, black toed converse, and a pair of black suspenders. "Put this on."

"Can't you leave." He said looking at me.

"We shared baths until we were three." I said.

"What does that have to do with what I just said?" I laid face down in his pillow. I heard him sigh and start to change. "Alright you little shit, you can look." I stuck my head out of the pillow. "Eh, it's a little much. Do you have a nice shirt?"

"No." He said.

"Well then this will have to do." I stood up from Max's bed. I pulled the suspenders from his shoulders and let them dangle from his waist. "Even better like that. Let's go while we still have time for a quick breakfast." I pushed him out his door and down the stairs. "Hey Mrs. Larpas, I made your son look some what decent."

"Oh (y/n), he looks so handsome, but why the nice clothes?" She asked. Putting down glasses of orange juice in front of us.

"Well our little boy is all grown up. He's asking a girl out today after our study group." I said finishing the last bite of breakfast and standing up. "Her name is Jess, she's very nice, I think you would like her."

"Sorry Mom, we have to go or we will be late." Max grabbed my wrist and dragged me out the door. I waved good bye as I struggled to not fall over. "What is with you talking to my mom and always embarrassing me?"

"Well, I have to do it while I can," I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"To school!" I ran down the street, the clasps on my boots hitting the side. He called after me and I just kept running.